Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 389 of 495 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Back from our vacation to Cancun... it was two days of heaven followed by three days of hell. We both got so sick we ended up catching a early flight home to see the doctor. Got home today around 1:00, went to Convenient Care and got some drugs, home to bed. We either have salmonella, e coli, or both.

On the plus side, my second good day I got to do a swim clinic with Diana Nyad, it was wonderful!! She told me I have an excellent stroke.

Electra Townie 7D

Pax, I'm so sorry you got so sick on your vacation. I hope you're both feeling better now.

I'm stoked that Diane paid you such an awesome compliment. Very cool!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Pax - hope both of you are feeling better soon!

Dear Mom's Oncology doctors,

I just learned this morning you think my Mom's lung cancer has returned...in exactly the same place as before. I also understand you think there is a chance that it is only scar tissue from her two surgeries in November and from the MRSA infection that came out of the first surgery. Give her good news in June, ok? She's already had cancer twice so she needs a serious break and she is really tired of people telling her that she has cancer. I also can't come this time, so she can't get bad news without her eldest there...

(((Catrin))). I sure hope it's just scar tissue. Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    I hate phones too, and ironically, I worked in the telecom industry for 25 years on telephone software -- things like call forwarding, call waiting, and all those "fun" things that phones can do now that they couldn't do many years ago.

.... I thank the computer gods for inventing email. And I thank the mobile phone gods for inventing texting. Anything to avoid an actual call!
    +1. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad there are phones but 17 years with da' phone company in customer service on the phone all day, every day, non-stop, like one endless call ... took days after work before I could stand to make a personal call. Maybe by Sunday evening.

Where is the statue to the person who invented caller id? Emily? Did you invent it? Thanks!

(((Catrin & Catrin mom))
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Awwww Cat.... (((( hugs ))))

Keeping you and mum in my thoughts!
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

((((Pax)))) So sorry about your vacation being cut short - but amazing complement! Keep up the good work.

((((Catrin))))) Sending hopeful thoughts that it's just scar tissue.

Indy - He is a piece of work. He's 30 and a perpetual frat boy. There are so many more stories - and more to come. He just proposed to his girlfriend, we we have a giant, formal church wedding to look forward to
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    ]
    Where is the statue to the person who invented caller id? Emily? Did you invent it? Thanks!
    Nah, I'm not nearly that smart! But I did make tweaks to it from time to time when it was broken on certain phone sets.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    ((((Pax)))) So sorry about your vacation being cut short - but amazing complement! Keep up the good work.

((((Catrin))))) Sending hopeful thoughts that it's just scar tissue.

Indy - He is a piece of work. He's 30 and a perpetual frat boy. There are so many more stories - and more to come. He just proposed to his girlfriend, we we have a giant, formal church wedding to look forward to
    Wheeeeeeeee...won't that be fun!?!?! NOT!

Ditto on your condolences to Pax (getting sick on vacation is the WORST!) and Catrin (hope it's NOT the big C again, your poor mom!)
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Pax, I'm glad the first bit of your vacation was good, at least. Sorry about the bacteria, though. I hope you both feel better!

((Catrin+mom)) Yikes. Good thoughts for both of you, and fingers crossed that it's scar tissue.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

(((((((Catrin & mom))))))) Sending good thoughts her way.

Pax, bummer about the vacation, but such a cool compliment! Hope you both feel better soon.

Blueberry, hang in there with the family and the moving. Just ugh.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Hoping for your mom to have good news, Catrin.
    I am enjoying my time in Grand Junction so much. Today is Richard's (actual graduation (former exchange student). Hard to believe it's been 10 years. We met his dad, finally and his mom and uncle will be there today. His girlfriend has a huge family. It's like the UN here; English, Spanish, and German spoken, and everyone is nice.
    Too bad my real family isn't like this.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

(((Catrin))) Hoping the best for you mom.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post

Pax, bummer about the vacation, but such a cool compliment! Hope you both feel better soon.

As we were laying in bed feeling absolutely awful, I'd turn to my honey and say "I have an excellent stoke", we'd both smile wanly and go back to sleep.

Electra Townie 7D

Dear self: Put that SPF lip balm in your saddle bag before you forget...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...