Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 219 of 221 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3311
    Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    Not to be an enabler (ahem) but REI carries the Juliet tunic. I was able to get mine for 20% off when REI had one of its "members" sales....
    I ended up finding it on sale on Amazon...still more than I would normally pay (was going to hold out for 50% off in the Ibex winter sale, but then thought they might be sold out by then) but for something high quality that I'll wear a lot I could justify it, especially since I just did a big clean-out and sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay. Probably won't get it until next week b/c the black/gray one that I wanted was back ordered (wanted to get the most neutral pattern so I can wear it with anything).
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    Of course you can justify it.
    How's this: "This one wonderful item is taking the place of the 12 things I got rid of. I am still way ahead."
    Thankfully, Ibex does not take paypal or I would have pulled the trigger! And so close to the holidays too... Phew!

I'm putting on my 'idea list' for my husband though.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Interesting video by Ibex...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvCh1QIHbmk
    Something to think about if you hang around campfires etc.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Interesting video by Ibex...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvCh1QIHbmk
    Something to think about if you hang around campfires etc.
    Very interesting, thanks for posting the link!

Yeah, they tell us in our lab safety training not to wear synthetics if we're working with a flame or flammable materials because synthetics melt. It's hard to ignite wool, and cotton, while it burns easily, doesn't melt so you don't suffer more skin damage.
    Last edited by Owlie; 11-25-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

So far, since yesterday morning, I have worn my black Smart Wool 1/4 zip 1) hiking 2) doing yoga 3) to a friend's house for dinner, and 4) over my tank top to boot camp this morning. I had various layers on under it, and yes, there was a shower involved sometime yesterday, but now I don't want to take it off.
    I think I'll wear the purple one to work today!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm new to wool - just purchased my first jersey. I'm looking at wool base layers and one of my team mates recommended IBEX, which reading this thread, seems to be a very loved brand. After looking at their website I am confused as to what to purchase. I would love to purchase all of them in an order to try them out and determine my favorite, but at their price, I can't justify it (active duty military and we don't make a whole lot of money).

What should my purchase consist of? I would use it as a base layer/undershirt for riding, but maybe use it most days under my uniform as I have a tendency to freeze! I would prefer a white/off-white/eggshell color since it would be less noticeable under my uniform top as opposed to something in a dark plum or bright teal.

I'm excited to try this product as both of my children had wool diapers when they were babies (cloth diapered due to sever allergens to the chemicals in disposables) and I'm quite famIliar with the amazing properties of wool. Our team jerseys are also going to be wool, so I'm excited to join this group! Thanks!

I have a lot of Ibex stuff and love it but my favorite base layer wool tops are the thinner Smart Wool tops. Warm. Wash easily. When I am up north I wear them as undershirts in cold weather. http://www.smartwool.com/womens/base...t-crew-32.html This tank is my favorite undershirt: http://www.amazon.com/Smartwool-Wome...roweight+women Here is a long sleeve in natural, but only available in large: http://www.amazon.com/Microweight-Cr...roweight+women
    Last edited by goldfinch; 12-08-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

First a wool tip, then a wool question! I am in Boston visiting my daughter. Yesterday we picked up some great discounts on wool sweaters and dresses at the Ralph Lauren Rugby store on Newbury Street. They are dropping the line, and offering an additional 40% off the already reduced prices, so most items were 70%. Very nice quality, for both men and women.

I also had my first visit to an actual Ibex store. I picked up some energy free tights to go with the wool dress I bought at Ralph Lauren Rugby. I noticed they also have a few full zip energy tops, the Izzi FZ and the Energy FZ. Does anyone have any experience with the how the Energy Fabric holds up to wash and wear, relative to the classic shak fabric. I have had shaks forever, although one is finally starting to show holes in the elbows so wondering what to replace it with. The energy fabric reminds me a bit of boucle, so I worry it might pull or pill more easily than the shak fabric.

I am a huge Icebreaker and Smartwool fan. I am afraid that the two Ibex pieces I own have not held up, and IMHO, I just don't think Ibex is as good a quality.

For high aerobic activities, like cycling, running and hiking, these two Icebreaker jackets come highly recommended:

The Rapid
    The Quantum

These are great to wear over a base layer. I love my Icebreaker 260 half zip shirts as they are so versatile and do not hold odor at all!
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

Quote Originally Posted by itself View Post
    I am a huge Icebreaker and Smartwool fan. I am afraid that the two Ibex pieces I own have not held up, and IMHO, I just don't think Ibex is as good a quality.
    That's weird, since I have a LOT of wool, and have found Ibex much better constructed and more durable than Smartwool. No experience at all with Icebreaker though.

Any chance that your Ibex pieces were the made in China stuff?? Most of mine is USA. And most of my SW is the newer Chinese stuff ... pill-y and cut off the bias.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    That's weird, since I have a LOT of wool, and have found Ibex much better constructed and more durable than Smartwool. No experience at all with Icebreaker though.

Any chance that your Ibex pieces were the made in China stuff?? Most of mine is USA. And most of my SW is the newer Chinese stuff ... pill-y and cut off the bias.
    I just checked and the Ibex pieces I have were made in Fiji.

BTW, Smartwool has greatly improved their clothing. None of it pills on me!

Also, check out the Icebreaker Bodyfit 260 or similar product. It's 100% merino wool, more midweight and my favorite shirt. As you look at their clothing, notice that some of it is 100% merino wool, and some of it is mixed with Lycra. I love their pure wool products.
    Last edited by itself; 12-29-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

skhoop merino shorts

Just want to share the info about some wool shorts I just found and they're so cute! When I run in cold temps (for me, sub-25), my entire body including extremities can be close to spontaneous combustion while my posterior is still freezing. Regular Sugoi compression shorts aren't enough. I just received these and have only worn them around the house but they're very comfortable and soft - and just adorable in their stripeyness!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skhoop merino shorts.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	15894

I did splurge and buy a T-neck to match.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

These look awesome. I have the Ibex boy shorts and they just don't fit me well. It's not the brand, it's the style. These look like they won't, ah, ride up into the nether regions.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Ooh, those do look nice. Do you have an issue with shorts riding up (on the thighs, not so much the "nether regions"), and if so, do they? And, would the weight be appropriate to wear by themselves year round?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler