Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Keen Sandals! (Not really bike related, but...)

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just bought a pair of Keen sandals, and I love them so much I have to share with the world (others may have done the same, I just didn't spot anything). I have not had a pair of sandals this comfortable before.

Size reference: I have wide feet, somewhere around a womens 8-9. Running shoes men's 8EE. Biking shoes mens 41.5. Normal shoes, 8-9 womens if they are wide, 7 mens (sometimes even have to go wide mens, sigh).

Keens are apparently a little narrow (or average at least), I didn't even try the womens' version on. The nice helpful man at REI said not to bother after I said I had wide feet. I put on the mens' size 7 (Newport H2s) and they fit like a dream. I don't have to "lace" them up at all, and they fit around the top of my feet pretty well (they will stretch/form as we go, too). The heel piece at the end is a little loose on both feet, probably because I'm in men's shoes.

For those of you with less Fred Flintstone-y feet, a friend of mine has the womens' version. She has narrow feet and "laces" hers up pretty tight. She loves them as well, and has no complaints about fit.

A little hard to get on (as is customary with a lot of sandals and wide feet), I have to push my foot through then worry about adjusting the top and heel. I do not feel constricted at all in them after they are on, though. The arch support is pretty good, my feet don't hurt when I wear them all day, and nobody has to look at my purple smashed toe They do have anti-microbial footbeds so hopefully I won't get "sandal feet" AND I can put them in the regular wash if they need to be tuned up a bit.

I'm not sure how popular they are in other places, but out here in the NW I see Keens a lot. I wish I could bike in them...

Oh, yeah. Just bought my 3rd pair (Venice H@ for fishing) and finally talked Bubba into a pair because we both dislike our guide model Tevas. He wore them for the first time and had no hot spots or blisters.

I think they're taking a bite out of the Teva and Chaco market. I'm just hoping the H2 models have good traction for fishing.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I love Keen's! I have two pairs of sandles (Jamestown and Jamestown slides) and the Seattles which are Mary Janes.

I bought my 5th pair of Keens before this trip! A replacement for some I had worn out!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    I bought my 5th pair of Keens before this trip! A replacement for some I had worn out!
    I wish I would have bought them sooner. They are great. I can see myself living in them every season of the year (and probably being made fun of for it, too ).

How long did it take you to wear them out?

Keens are starting to appear on Sierra Trading Post!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by colby
    I wish I would have bought them sooner. They are great. I can see myself living in them every season of the year (and probably being made fun of for it, too ).

How long did it take you to wear them out?
    Two years I think.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I (heart) Keens. I had never heard of them till I saw Spazzdogs Keens. Now I (heart) them.
    Last edited by Trek420; 07-03-2006 at 06:05 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

love them!

have red newports.

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Love mine too.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Got three pairs and LOVE 'em! Bought my first pair to wear kayaking and decided they were so comfy that I needed to wear them to work too.

Electra Townie 7D

Thumbs up I am with you Queen

I also bought them for kayaking and have them half worn out before my kayaking trip this week.
    I have a 2nd job working retail and they are great for standing 4-6 hours.
    KEENS ROCK!--

I have 3 pair of Keens.

2 pair of Chacos.

The Chacos are the most comfortable, but the Keens are awesome too. I can wear all my Keens at work. Can't wear Chacos at work.

My oldest Keens are about 2 years old now. No problems with them at all. My newest Keens (the Bronx sneakers) are falling apart where the outsole meets the leather. Kind of a bummer, but I am really hard on shoes at work and I wear the sneakers quite a lot.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I have a couple pairs of Keen clogs. At first I loved them. Then I discovered they gave me a corn! ouch.
    I live in my Teva sandals during the warmer months. Can't stand to put on "real" shoes anymore (the exception being my Ruby slippers) and I wish I had a job where I could wear my Tevas to work. I'm already pushing the envelope by wearing Born or Dansko shoes with skirts and no hose. Especially since I have "teva tan" feet and a tattoo on the side of my lower left calf.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Quote Originally Posted by mickchick
    Can't stand to put on "real" shoes anymore .
    I'm with ya. I go hiking all the time, full pack and everything. People are always hollering at me that I can't hike in my chacos and I just tell them to stfu. The thought of putting on regular shoes (and worse, SOCKS) during a day of hard activity... ugh. There are very few times I wear my hiking boots 1) when it's cold 2) sometimes if the copperheads are running rampant and 3) if i'm doing technical scrambling where chacos could be a hazard

I used to have a 7 year old pair of Tevas that was held together only with sheer determination and a tube of Barge cement. I upgraded to Chacos (found a men's pair on sale for 39 bucks so said what the heck) and after a few weeks adjustment to my feet they fit wonderfully.

Shoes are for winter, and Keen sandals just seem like too much shoe for me! (but The Boy has Keens and hearts them, so I guess it depends on personal preference).