Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Fugi Finest 3.0

Fugi Finest 3.0

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am looking at purchasing a lightly used 2011 model Fugi Finest 3.0 and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/opinions about it. I am new to cycling and looking to get a bike to eventually use for touring.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kdcooper View Post
    I am looking at purchasing a lightly used 2011 model Fugi Finest 3.0 and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/opinions about it. I am new to cycling and looking to get a bike to eventually use for touring.Thank you!
    What exactly do you mean by touring? Because if you mean loaded touring, I'm not sure the Fuji is the right choice. If you just mean that you'd like to use it for long road rides, then it'll serve that purpose.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Fugi Finest 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    What exactly do you mean by touring? Because if you mean loaded touring, I'm not sure the Fuji is the right choice. If you just mean that you'd like to use it for long road rides, then it'll serve that purpose.
    Thank you for the reply!

I would eventually like to do loaded touring. Right now, it would be longer rides to get ready for loaded touring/camping.

Quote Originally Posted by kdcooper View Post
    Thank you for the reply!

I would eventually like to do loaded touring. Right now, it would be longer rides to get ready for loaded touring/camping.
    Obviously, you can buy a road bike that's capable of loaded touring and use that as your everyday road bike, but I myself prefer to use a regular road bike most of the time. I have a Jamis Aurora for touring, but it's heavier than I'd otherwise like and isn't particular responsive. So, if I were in your shoes, I'd start with a road bike and go from there. Assuming the Fuji fits you, it's a decent place to start.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Don't want to rain on your parade and if you really think this is the bike for you than go for it, however it isn't a touring bike and isn't going to perform like a touring bike. If the tires on this bike are the same as spec'd they are a narrow tire, which is zippy for off the line in a race but on a distance ride will add to fatigue of the rider. I know where indysteel is coming from about her touring bike being heavier but,My touring bike "Sky" is predictable and well mannered and you can't pry me off of her. In fact my descending speed has increased dramatically on my touring bike because I know it isn't going to hit a bump and decided to try and buck me off. I have numerous friends who ride Surly Long Haul Trucker's and they couldn't be happier, none of them are doing loaded touring (yet) - but I am working on them. I don't race but I do occasionally ride with groups and have no problem keeping up. Here is a blog post you may find interesting on choosing a touring bike
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    Don't want to rain on your parade and if you really think this is the bike for you than go for it, however it isn't a touring bike and isn't going to perform like a touring bike. If the tires on this bike are the same as spec'd they are a narrow tire, which is zippy for off the line in a race but on a distance ride will add to fatigue of the rider. I know where indysteel is coming from about her touring bike being heavier but,My touring bike "Sky" is predictable and well mannered and you can't pry me off of her. In fact my descending speed has increased dramatically on my touring bike because I know it isn't going to hit a bump and decided to try and buck me off. I have numerous friends who ride Surly Long Haul Trucker's and they couldn't be happier, none of them are doing loaded touring (yet) - but I am working on them. I don't race but I do occasionally ride with groups and have no problem keeping up. Here is a blog post you may find interesting on choosing a touring bike
    Let me clarify my second post. A touring bike--like a LHT--can be used as a regular road bike. Your average road bike, however, cannot be set up for loaded touring. As I indicated in my first post, the Fuji will not work for loaded touring. So, if the OP really wants a bike she can tour with...then she should get a dedicated touring bike, like the LHT or an Aurora.

But I do have to take issue with some of what you wrote above. My own road bike is not unstable or twitchy and I've ridden her with total confidence for many miles and for some very long rides, so I don't know that I encourage someone to buy a touring bike for nontouring riding simply for because a tourer is more stable. My road bike weighs about 13 pounds less than a comparably sized LHT. That's a lot of extra weight to haul around. If that works for you and your friends, then yay. But I don't know that it would be everybody's cup of tea. The point I wanted to make in my second post is that some people would rather have two bikes--assuming they can afford it--one for loaded touring and one for regular road riding. Depending on the OP's primary goal(s), then it's a point to consider.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Indysteel, all good points for sure. I only have one bike and as touring and comfort on long rides are more important to me than speed I am totally happy, have no idea how much my bike weighs and for me it doesn't matter.

kdcooper, can't wait to hear how it goes!
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Le sigh- the bike is wonderful! However, the frame is too large for me. The hunt continues!

kdcooper