Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
    I'll be in Tucson by November!

*really trying hard to get used to the idea of leaving the great NW, sigh.*
    The good thing about Tucson is that we have many many days of sunshine. We get excited when it's overcast & looks like it may rain. They test sunglasses in Tucson. We're the skin cancer capital of the world. Welcome!

November won't be so much of a culture shock. You can get used to the heat gradually - well - as gradually as we get around here.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    The good thing about Tucson is that we have many many days of sunshine. We get excited when it's overcast & looks like it may rain. They test sunglasses in Tucson. We're the skin cancer capital of the world. Welcome!

November won't be so much of a culture shock. You can get used to the heat gradually - well - as gradually as we get around here.
    Hey thanks for the info. I'm very familular with Tucson as I've had family living there for 40+ years and have visited often. I also hail from CA desert Palm Springs, before living up narth....LOL.

You can't beat the weather up here though, hubby is complaining about 85° today and I am wearing a sweatshirt! I will miss that, I will also miss the rain I absolutely love it! BUT I never did acclamate to riding in the cold wet rain here, summer rain is another thing it's wonderful to ride in.

Oh well looking forward to the dry heat........NOT!
    Life is like a 10 speed bike, we all have gears we never use.
    Charles Schultz

"The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community."Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

I live in Chandler if anyone is interested in riding.

I'm in Tucson too-
    It would be fun to have a local TE meet-up sometime....

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    I'm in Tucson too-
    It would be fun to have a local TE meet-up sometime....
    I'm game. Any other Tucson-ians?

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Definitely- sent you a PM also.

Let me know if you girls set this meeting up!!

me too. we go to tucson about a million times a year to ride - ok, actually most of the el tour training rides and also the tour of the tucson mountains. so we totally enjoy riding in tucson, someone set something up, huh?
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

"Dogmama" and I are going to go on an organized ride this Sunday with the Cactus Cycling Club. You're welcome to meet up with us at 8:45 at Gavi Restaurant at Kolb and Territory, 1 block S. of Sunrise or we can organize something else later. Ride details are here: http://www.cactuscycling.org/schedule.php

And Pinkbike- if you come this weekend, you can catch Lance Armstrong at the book signing at Park Mall at 4 pm on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    "Dogmama" and I are going to go on an organized ride this Sunday with the Cactus Cycling Club. You're welcome to meet up with us at 8:45 at Gavi Restaurant at Kolb and Territory, 1 block S. of Sunrise or we can organize something else later. Ride details are here: http://www.cactuscycling.org/schedule.php

And Pinkbike- if you come this weekend, you can catch Lance Armstrong at the book signing at Park Mall at 4 pm on the same day.
    Hmmmmmm.... my BF and I will try to come to this! I rode with some Cactus folks once this past spring and they were wonderful. I'm not very fast to begin with, plus I haven't really been riding at all for the past couple months due to illness and a lingering cough, so we'll see if I can keep up--sounds like a very relaxed ride, though.

Quote Originally Posted by badgercat View Post
    Hmmmmmm.... my BF and I will try to come to this! I rode with some Cactus folks once this past spring and they were wonderful. I'm not very fast to begin with, plus I haven't really been riding at all for the past couple months due to illness and a lingering cough, so we'll see if I can keep up--sounds like a very relaxed ride, though.
    It should be a nice ride. The UA is out for winter break, so that cuts some of the traffic (as if the kids are out on 8:45 on a Sunday anyway...). I ride a blue Gilmour & will be wearing a red jacket.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    It should be a nice ride. The UA is out for winter break, so that cuts some of the traffic (as if the kids are out on 8:45 on a Sunday anyway...). I ride a blue Gilmour & will be wearing a red jacket.
    Well, not quite yet... it's smack dab in the middle of finals. (boyfriend and I are both grad students). But yeah, classes ended the other day and I think many students will have left town by then.

Anyway, I ride a light blue blue Trek hybrid with bar ends and BF is on a bright red Cannondale with blue bar tape. I haven't met anyone from TE in real life yet (that I know of) so I'm really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by badgercat View Post
    Well, not quite yet... it's smack dab in the middle of finals. (boyfriend and I are both grad students). But yeah, classes ended the other day and I think many students will have left town by then.

Anyway, I ride a light blue blue Trek hybrid with bar ends and BF is on a bright red Cannondale with blue bar tape. I haven't met anyone from TE in real life yet (that I know of) so I'm really looking forward to this!
    Great!

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

I have a blue bike too! Fuji - and will be there with my DH - who will either be on a black road bike (no apparent brand or.. "the dork bike"- a Dahon folding bike currently still decorated with red and white striped ribbon from last week's Toys for Tots ride. See you up there tomorrow morning :-)

I'm in Scottsdale, would love to get a group ride together..who's in?