Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm pretty sure I have a jersey with a full zip that doesn't affect the design.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    That depends on how you design it....
    ...and how you wear it.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I can kinda envision Mimi's painting (posted on the other jersey design thread) all over the back of a jersey with some kind of continuation or even just a repeat wrapping to the front. Could have short sleeves in blue-with-logo in extension of the sky (which is already predominantly a blue very close to the TE bluelogo color). The sleeves could be plain blue-with-logo or could fade above the logo into a more water-color effect up towards the shoulder seam. And the grassy bit of the painting could be right at the top of the back pockets, especially if Mimi could do a continuation below that with some sort of trail-side vegetation.

In my mind's eye this is a gorgeous jersey. I'd definitely buy it, but I can't draw it.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Someone should be able to save the CS2 AI files to a previous version of Illustrator. I couldn't access the files with the provided link though. Is it just me or does the link not work? I just get a blank screen.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by ttaylor508 View Post
    Someone should be able to save the CS2 AI files to a previous version of Illustrator. I couldn't access the files with the provided link though. Is it just me or does the link not work? I just get a blank screen.
    It opens fine for me in Illustrator CS2 and shows the TE logos.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spazzdog is in da' house

Hey y'all! I got Trek420 message... not sure if I'm in on this or not as I'm trying to get a book to press, however I know a fine designer that might want to play.

I will ask her if she has an interest. Meanwhile, I'll download the templates just in case I get a wild burst of time.

Good luck everybody!

spazz

p.s. I too like the elastic, so you're not alone.
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Quote Originally Posted by liza View Post
    Am I the only female in the universe that kind of likes elastic in my jerseys?
    no!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    me too. I think they want a design using the colors they showed and incorporating their logo.

While a design the incorporates the TE color scheme would be nice, it is certainly not a requirement.

The TE logos can be more of something that is applied to certain locations on the jersey - ie, chest or collar, sleeves, back pocket, etc -- they don't necessarily have to be a prominent part of the design.

If the design was of a traditional "team" jersey style, the logos would be very prominent (see the Team Terry jersey).

However, we want to be more creative than that, while still having a jersey that communicates "Team Estrogen", rather than just "that's a pretty jersey".

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    Of course a good concept is really the hardest part in graphic design!
    Very true!!

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    The TE logos can be more of something that is applied to certain locations on the jersey - ie, chest or collar, sleeves, back pocket, etc
    [[said with tongue firmly planted in cheek]] You mean I should use your logos instead of the attached "logo"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	estrogen.gif 
Views:	494 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	8548  

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    [[said with tongue firmly planted in cheek]] You mean I should use your logos instead of the attached "logo"?
    I *LIKE* that! It'd make a great "hidden" pocket message (like the Salt shaker inside the pocket of our Hill Slug jerseys).

If you use it, you might want to check with one of the chemists on the board to verify that I grabbed the right symbol. We think I did (actually DH is the source), but it could turn out like people who get tatoos of chinese characters only to find out that they don't mean what they think

Quote Originally Posted by liza View Post
    Am I the only female in the universe that kind of likes elastic in my jerseys?
    NO!!! I want my jersey be form fitting and to stay put and that means gripper elastic at the bottom.... and darn it I want it at the arms too... tight enough to keep my arm warmers up please.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I've noticed that jerseys made for men with elastics don't fit me so good, but when they are styled for women, the jersey ends up looking good and staying where it belongs with that elastic on it.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

I vote for hi-viz and no elastic. Is it possible to make both versions - elastic and non-elastic?