Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    What am I going to do when my red SIDI's wear out? They've never come up with anything as good (colorwise) since.
    You could make the switch like I did: to the FABULOUS side...

-- gnat! (I got the Tri-shoes, but will probably also spring for the MTB Dombinator 5s before they abandon that color)
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross
    Gouda: 2005 Electra Betty
    Roquefort: 1974 Stella SX-73

I can't wear dress shoes. I have a super-narrow heel and I can't walk in anything other than flats. I'll suffer through it for a day if I have to--most of the time, I wear sneakers. I just wish there were comfortable shoes that don't look like something my mother would wear.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Is there really much difference between a men's shoe vs. a woman's shoe. Is it just marketing? I am in the market for new shoes after finally discovering what was causing the cat piss smell in the laundry room. Some cat used my shoes as a potty. I have been thinking about buying some men's shoes that have been severely marked down.

Anyone using men's shoes?

Men tend to have wider heels than women. But there's variation in shoe lasts and in feet ... so try some on. I'm in a pair of men's Lake right now, and although the heels and ankle openings aren't perfect, they're the only shoes I've found that are even close to being wide enough in the forefoot.

(speaking of ... I'd guess that Clark's women's shoes were made for drag queens if they weren't so dowdy! They are HUGE in the heels. I can't even come close to wearing them. The search for dress shoes continues...)
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I love Naots. I also like Dansko and Sanita. They look great with jeans.

+1 to Naots. Stylish and don't hurt your feet.
    Danskos and Clarks have heels so wide I walk right out of them, in addition to making me look like all the other "Cambridge Ladies" who are psychotherapists.
    At least I don't wear long flowing hippie skirts.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I don't fit into women's shoes but I agree men have much better choices. I just haven't found a pair that doesn't feel like I'm being wrapped up by a boa constrictor.

It doesn't really matter though. Clipless pedals don't like me.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I got excited when these were on sale and my size. So I got them...even though I don't need them until 6-12 months. From past years, it can take me 1-2 years to find the right pr. of women's cycling shoes for me.

I can't wear men's sizes.

My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I spent hours looking for shoes online. I did not get the one's I really wanted, but I could not pass up the deal on these. $50 from Amazon. Louis Garneau XR2. I hope they fit. I really wanted the next women's shoe up from LG, they were very pretty and matched my bike, but $180 vs. $50. It is a good thing. I took my new Orbea into the LBS because I could not shift with the left Shimano 105 shifter. Figured it was an easy fix, but they could not fix it and are waiting to hear back from Shimano. Should be under warranty given I have not had the bike long. Sucks, I made sure my bike had 105 or better components than my last bike only to have it fail after 7 months and find out after an Internet search that this is a common problem with the left Shimano 105 shifter. Anyways.

Actually I think it's easier to find a broader range of women's cycling shoes if one is using clipless pedals.

which I'm not. So I have other problems finding something at all...
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Realgone View Post
    I spent hours looking for shoes online. I did not get the one's I really wanted, but I could not pass up the deal on these. $50 from Amazon. Louis Garneau XR2.
    I too couldn't resist those shoes at that price. I've had a serious shoe acquisition habit for years so it seems now I'm "collecting" cycling shoes in addition to pretty heels, sandals, and boots. The XR2s aren't an exciting color but they're quite sharp looking, lightweight, and a lot of shoe for the money even at full price. The extra insoles and straps are a nice bonus. Hope they work out for you.

Now this is a shoe I would love!!

Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

Giro Womens Dirt- Sage - 'Awesome Shoe"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giro_sage_s_slateplum_hero.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	14426

Not sure if this image will show-but my LP ( life partner) and I have recently found these. Giro 'Sage" Light MTB shoes- perfect for 'toe clips'. Yes, it's true.. I love my toe clips.. I have been cycling since I was 10 ( on my first 10 speed road bike) and now I am turning 50...! I have a Bianchi Volpe Cyclocross and I ( we ) just love to ride.. anywhere.. short, long, does not matter- and I love my toe clips; but it took us forever to find a shoe that would be comfy, has a hard sole- not too much cleat ( as in soccer type studs on the bottom) work on a platfrom ( VO Touring Pedal) and that look really 'sexy'.. I'll keep you posted as to our trial runs with the new shoes.. ( girls love new shoes..)

Nice shoe surgdg!

Quote Originally Posted by itself View Post
    Now this is a shoe I would love!!

Those are nice shoes!! They have another pair of bright blue ones that are awesome as well.
    Mariela
    '12 Trek Lexa SLX