Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Rolling Remounts

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yeah, I totally got this! Clumsily and I've yet to attempt it in a race scenario, but I successfully did it a few times tonight. Once I mastered dismounts it made a huge difference in my time/placement during races. This is the final big piece in the skills puzzle for me.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Congrats! These aren't easy, but it will also make a big difference for you. Sadly, seven years after starting, I STILL to a stutter step remount (though now I do it so quickly, no one seems to notice ).

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SheFly View Post
    Congrats! These aren't easy, but it will also make a big difference for you. Sadly, seven years after starting, I STILL to a stutter step remount (though now I do it so quickly, no one seems to notice ).

SheFly
    DH does a stutter, too, but still is pretty zippy.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attempt my new-found skill yesterday. There were no barriers on the course and the 2 areas that had me off the bike required remount on pavement. I really was not keen on the thought of FUBARing that move on a hard surface. We still have 1 more race this season. Hopefully I can manage a few proper remounts (and hopefully with an audience. My teammates lovingly tease me at my lack of remount skill).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

I find it interesting how we all have issues with this. I always thought the remounting part was easy; it was always the dismounting that I had trouble with. I think I was always afraid that I was not going to unclip and would go flying with the bike still attached! SO, it was always hard for me to do the leg inside as you dismount.

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    I find it interesting how we all have issues with this. I always thought the remounting part was easy; it was always the dismounting that I had trouble with. I think I was always afraid that I was not going to unclip and would go flying with the bike still attached! SO, it was always hard for me to do the leg inside as you dismount.
    Oh, hells, I won't ever do the step-through dismount. That's just crazy!! It looks like a flying pretzel! And J-Pow says not to do it!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Just say no to the step through. Never!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

One of the few pros I have seen doing a step through dismount is Marianne Vos and she looks unbelievably smooth, flowing moves, never a hiccup. I hope to learn how to remount sometime soon. It's a real leap of faith.

Oh, I feel a lot better then - I did the step through a bit, but was never comfortable with it and as I said feared that I would go flying. I'm glad I am not alone!

We had very few women who did cyclocross here; so the people I looked to for style were all men.

spoke