Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

the right and shining gear

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello, everybody - I just signed up. Started running 6 months ago, out of the blue. I want to run a marathon... someday. Anyhow - does anybody know a good place online to buy running gear for fall/winter in petite sizes? Had no problem with shorts and such, but I am a short little person and all the running pants I find in stores are ridiculously long. Is it only tall women who run? Not to mention that I cannot find tights at all, and that's what I want. And I'd like a rain/wind running jacket in bright colors (lime/turqoise preferably), and most of what's online is black, gray, forest, and sky blue. Teamestrogen has several bright and cheerful enough, but there are biking jackets. Can I use them for running? Will they chafe? Isn't it risky to buy running gear online? I mean one should try the stuff on. By mile 5, if it doesn't fit right, I'll feel like undressing, he, he.
    And I know, I know, that the pursuit of color in this context might be shallow . Indulge me please.

Lia

I used to buy some of my running stuff from RoadRunnerSports. Course that was pre-computer days ( how did I ever live) but they do have a website:

roadrunnersports.com.

Depending on your height have you looked into kids tights? They may be work better for you regarding the length.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

i can't go and try stuff on at the store, but i have no problem ordering it and sending it back.

roadrunnersports is a great place. also try REI, they can have some good stuff. if it doesn't have an inseam legth on it i refuse to buy it, 99.9% of the time its to long. i've also gotten a bunch of stuff at champion.com. my default is usually doing a websearch to see what's out there.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by runliarun
    Teamestrogen has several bright and cheerful enough, but there are biking jackets. Can I use them for running? Will they chafe? Isn't it risky to buy running gear online? I mean one should try the stuff on.
    I wear my gore bike jacket for running in the winter. Big back pockets allow to stash gloves away once I've warmed up. Online shopping for sports clothes is like for other clothes - you can't try stuff on.

BTW you might want to try some biking on the side. I've vastly improved on how far I can run, and my boyfriend (who's fitter than I am) can run a half marathon without ever having trained much running.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

I also am a short runner (4'11"). My favorite tights are Nike and I found them at ****s Sporting Goods last year. They are not petite, but they are XS.
    Sport Hill also carries petite lengths in some of their pants, but I have yet to find XS. I do have a pair of their smalls that are a little big, but I just roll down the waist! Luckily our winters are not bad and there is always the treadmill at the gym.
    I have not had much luck with jackets, so I am curious to see what everyone else has found.

Hee hee, I have the opposite problem! I can never find pants that are long enough! I have a pair of Adidas running pants that are long enough, but very loose in the seat/waist.

There is a company in Oregon that makes running pants in a lot of sizes and colors. www.pacewear.com They might have the length and waist you need, and the colors you like.

When my Adidas finally fall apart (and/or fall off my hips) I'm planning to get a pair of Pacewear pants or Sporthills.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    There is a company in Oregon that makes running pants in a lot of sizes and colors. www.pacewear.com They might have the length and waist you need, and the colors you like.
    do you know if their stuff is water/wind proof?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

No, their pants are just knit fabric.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Did you know TE has a running department? Guess it makes sense since we do have tri-geeks on board.

http://www.teamestrogen.com/categories.asp?catID=70
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

i checked out the TE running wear. i've decided i must be overly pickey. i'm looking for a pair of running pants that are lower rise (not over belly button) waterproof and windproof. i have come to the conclusion they don't exist.

Would any of these work?

http://www.backcountry.com/store/gro...ain-Pants.html

I like the look of these. I'd consider them for biking, too, after my current (sweaty) rainpants give up.

http://www.sporthill.com/product.php...=3240&gender=w
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 08-26-2006 at 04:32 AM.

i ordered a pair from rei, we'll see how they fit. i'll get back to you on them.