Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Panniers for grocery shopping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone have any favorite shopping panniers to recommend? I've been looking at the Arkel Shopper, Arkel Utility Basket, and the Carradice Shopper.

Features I'd love to have: easy on/off the rack, shoulder strap, small pockets for wallet, phone, keys, patch kit, pump and multitool.

Would love to hear if anyone has any experience with these or has used others that they would recommend.
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I'm not sure I would ever want to use a pannier with a shoulder strap: My panniers get dirty easily. I use them for everything --daily work commuting, shopping and touring. I am such a stick in the mud --I wouldn't consider a bike shopping basket for fear of things popping out.

I haven't seen Arkel shopping oriented ones but they do make great panniers.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I have these and love them. Deep, roomy and sturdy. They do NOT have little compartments for things like you are looking for, each side is about the size of a grocery sack. I seldom grocery shop by bike but use it for farmer's market trips, when I need my laptop and I'm going by bike and such stuff.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

I love my Racktime panniers, and I think they meet all of your criteria except the shoulder strap. They do have grab handles for carrying in and out of the store. I found mine on Ebay for what was, given their quality, an absolute steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    I love my Racktime panniers, and I think they meet all of your criteria except the shoulder strap. They do have grab handles for carrying in and out of the store. I found mine on Ebay for what was, given their quality, an absolute steal.
    Those are cute! Are they easy to get back on the bike when they're loaded up with groceries? I might have a hard time going without a shoulder strap, as I need at least one arm free to either carry the baby or push the stroller.
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by NbyNW View Post
    Those are cute! Are they easy to get back on the bike when they're loaded up with groceries? I might have a hard time going without a shoulder strap, as I need at least one arm free to either carry the baby or push the stroller.
    They're not too bad. It definitely takes 2 hands though, empty or full.