Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Aha - I was mixed up. It's Tribogota who's coming to San Francisco for escape from Alcatraz.
    Unfortunately not (not for the race, anyway). But maybe hosting Maidei might cheer her up...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Unfortunately not (not for the race, anyway). But maybe hosting Maidei might cheer her up...
    I saw - poor bogata!
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

ye

Dee-I can give some info on what she saw in Western Australia. You'll have to PM the other ladies about Qld & NZ

yup, PM me anything u want me to write in there, and maybe the other ladies can PM me too. I'll send her out this weekend. I saw the date of reciept and i realised how long i've held her ! sorry ladies... I'll try to find a little sticker to place in her passport.

Poor Bogota... I should ask her if she still wants to host Maidei, or if she'd rather wait till after Maidei has done her rounds of the US?

I don't know if it would work or not but I live in Idaho and am doing a ride with Shiraz and Lifeisgreat in Utah. It is women only ride on Saturday, June 5th. We'd love to take her along.
    http://www.bccutah.org/lrrh2010/

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Is the Midwest on her travel itinerary?
    I certainly hope so! There are enough of us in the area. I know she would want to see the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers!

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    I don't know if it would work or not but I live in Idaho and am doing a ride with Shiraz and Lifeisgreat in Utah. It is women only ride on Saturday, June 5th. We'd love to take her along.
    http://www.bccutah.org/lrrh2010/
    Then if no one from Florida/Texas/Oklahoma area wants to take Maidei for bike ride after she visits Chile in South America, perhaps at least Maidei be sent to a Utah TE cyclist to meet 3 TE members in 1 sweep.

At least after Utah, Maidei could eventually go to California or U.S. Midwest.

We have to remind ourselves that Maidei doesn't need to a huge bike ride per TE member.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I realize your trying to make the next connection...

What about those in California, Oregon and Washington. Then there are more people in SLC, me in S. Utah, Colorado? I thought we were going to try and hit each area of the US?

Am I not understanding something here?

Red ROck

I would love to take Maidei for a ride in Florida! Even if it is just a short trip. Let me know what you need from me to make this happen.
    ~ Annie ~

Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~James E. Starrs
    My fitness blog

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rock View Post
    I realize your trying to make the next connection...

What about those in California, Oregon and Washington. Then there are more people in SLC, me in S. Utah, Colorado? I thought we were going to try and hit each area of the US?

Am I not understanding something here?

Red ROck
    I agree. We should plan a general route, and if events occur along the route, great, if not, too bad. If we try to get her to particular places at particular times, then we wind up having to do a lot of shipping and mailing and skipping areas and missing connections. Continent-to-continent is one thing, but this is supposed to be a BICYCLE tour when possible, and hopefully keeping the connections as short as possible when cycling isn't possible, and trying to do the hand-offs in person, right?

Can I make a general suggestion about covering the Americas.... subject to criticism now, and revision as time and seasons pass?

From South America north through California to the PNW and western Canada.

From there, east to the Rocky Mountains.

South along the Rocky Mountains to AZ

East to Texas

North through the Great Plains

East along the Great Lakes (including the Canadian side)

South through Appalachia

East through the Deep South and counterclockwise along the Florida coast (just for directionality... inland Florida could catch her in either direction, most likely)

North along the East Coast of the USA and possibly to anyone in eastern Canada we missed on the Great Lakes tour

Fly to the UK, then connect with Europe.

Comments, criticisms, sane or insane remarks?
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 04-08-2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Hey, I totally agree Maidei should hit the road in every state and province if she's wanted there.

And as a kind consideration for planning, that it would be logical to choose next spot..it terms of:

a) willingness of TE member to get next point to pick up Maidie at logical date.
    b) or next closest TE location for reasonable shipping costs. ie. illogical for Chile pepper to ship to NYC instead of Florida.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

actually, shipping to NYC would cost the same as shipping to florida...

If I get her June 5 she gets an Idaho tour and a Utah tour and I can pass her to another 2-3 TErs from there.

You know those maps of the USA that you see on RVs where they color the states they have visited...I have seen virtual ones on some travel sites...maybe Maidei needs one to keep track of her travels?
    There must be a world version to be found online.

I don't have time to look for it right now, but I seem to remember somewhere on this board there is a map that you can stick virtual pushpins in. It shows where all the TE members (who've done it) are from. I'll bet one could be set up for Maidei too.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N