Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

2011 Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's never to early to start planning for the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic!

Mark your calendars now! This annual event will take place June 11-12, 2011 Brown County State Park in Nashville, IN. This clinic is open to riders of all skill levels. We've made some changes to the 2011 event, so be sure to check out the event schedule. We're adding an extra 1/2 day of instruction for Intermediate/Advanced gals along with another men's clinic and IMIC certification.

Save the date and hope to see many of you there! Go to www.midwestwomensclinic.com for all the details!

It's on my calendar to sign up come January 1st! And Santa might be bringing me an entry-level HT for Christmas. As much as I'd like to start higher up on the MTB food chain, DH--I mean Santa--and I decided this was the best way to go.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Count this Wisconsinite in!

Really looking forward to this (despite the 5-6 hour drive to get there)!

Sitting here wondering if I start riding early enough in spring, could I be intermediate rider by mid- June...then remembering th reality of living in WI and realistically how early the MTB season could start
    Kim

Specialized Dolce Sport Compact (roadie)
    Specialized Ariel Sport Disc (commuter)
    Trek GF X-Caliber WSD (mtb)
    "Sally" Schwinn Mesa Runner (steel, old, old stand-by)

My blog - this, that, travel, garden, bikes, fitness, family, whatever

hmmmmmmmm
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I put it on my calendar. I'd love to come so hopefully I can make it work.

I'll just throw this out there that my DH and I will likely be able to put one or two people up in our home if anybody should need a free place to stay. We live 45 minutes from the park and are readily accessible by interstate. Just PM me if you might be interested. We do have cats, just in case that might be an issue.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

You can certainly count me in I suspect that I want another season under my belt to work on basic bike skills, but from what I understand this clinic is great for all-around skills in general. It certainly seems the safest environment for me to get a little taste of mountain biking!

This is great and only 3 hours from home........wish I hadn't sold my mountain bike!

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

They usually have mountain bike free rentals available

Ooh I wish I could go!

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Chick View Post
    This is great and only 3 hours from home........wish I hadn't sold my mountain bike!
    As Catrin said, you'd probably be able to use a demo. Might suggest emailing the Trek demo team in advance to reserve one - assume they will be there and it will be Lindsay. When she was demo-ing at the WI Fall Color Festival, I emailed her in advance (from the Trek women's demo website). She not only reserved the correct size bike for me, but because I'd sent her height/weight, shoe info, she'd set up the suspension, had pedals changed, etc.
    Kim

Specialized Dolce Sport Compact (roadie)
    Specialized Ariel Sport Disc (commuter)
    Trek GF X-Caliber WSD (mtb)
    "Sally" Schwinn Mesa Runner (steel, old, old stand-by)

My blog - this, that, travel, garden, bikes, fitness, family, whatever

You all should come!

Tania of Sub-9 productions has been nice enough to allow me to coach at this clinic the last two years and this is no different!

I will be happy to answer any questions you ladies have.

Demo's will be available and we have always had women that are incredibly new to mountain biking. I coached one older lady that hadn't been on a bike in a few YEARS! She did great.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jeni

Quote Originally Posted by TrekJeni View Post
    Tania of Sub-9 productions has been nice enough to allow me to coach at this clinic the last two years and this is no different!

Demo's will be available and we have always had women that are incredibly new to mountain biking. I coached one older lady that hadn't been on a bike in a few YEARS! She did great.

Jeni
    Sounds wonderful! How do we go about reserving a demo bike? I don't have a mountain bike, though I do live close...

Demo bikes ....

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Sounds wonderful! How do we go about reserving a demo bike? I don't have a mountain bike, though I do live close...
    You can contact Lindsay from the Trek Women Demo tour website.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekJeni View Post

Jeni
    I was hoping you'd be teaching at the clinic again for 2011. I look forward to officially meeting you finally.

--Mary Anne Radmacher