Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear psychocat:

Would you just chill? I don't understand how one five-pound critter can make so much noise! And neither do the other two cats. If you keep that up you're getting shut out of the bedroom tonight.

P.S. If you're acting up because of the snowstorm, we're in for a looooong winter.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Dear cat, I thought all cats LIKED smelly fishy food? I know you have a tooth gone now, but the vets at the hospital said you ate canned food great! And you HAVE to eat this one because there's your dose of antibiotics mixed in and if you don't eat it you're gonna have a fever again and back you go to the hospital where you'll have that cage above the crazy high strung sausage dog and DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT?!?!?!
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

Quote Originally Posted by alexis_the_tiny View Post
    Dear cat, I thought all cats LIKED smelly fishy food? I know you have a tooth gone now, but the vets at the hospital said you ate canned food great! And you HAVE to eat this one because there's your dose of antibiotics mixed in and if you don't eat it you're gonna have a fever again and back you go to the hospital where you'll have that cage above the crazy high strung sausage dog and DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT?!?!?!
    Hope your little one is cooperating and feeling better! I've given up on trying to hide pills in cat food-- these days, it's just grab the cat and stuff the pill down his throat and make sure it isn't spit out. Too bad your vet doesn't have a separate area for cats!

Apparently, this cat would not touch wet food for his life. I gave up this morning and stuffed the pill down his throat with the good old blowing on nose trick. Despite having only three cracked canines left, he's demanding his kibble and refusing to have anything to do with that Science diet high calorie prescription stuff. And the vets swore he was an angel and ate all the canned food they gave him. HAH.

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Hope your little one is cooperating and feeling better! I've given up on trying to hide pills in cat food-- these days, it's just grab the cat and stuff the pill down his throat and make sure it isn't spit out. Too bad your vet doesn't have a separate area for cats!
    Apparently, this cat would not touch wet food for his life. I gave up this morning and stuffed the pill down his throat with the good old blowing on nose trick. Despite having only three cracked canines left, he's demanding his kibble and refusing to have anything to do with that Science diet high calorie prescription stuff. And the vets swore he was an angel and ate all the canned food they gave him. HAH.
    Thanks for reminding me that I have to pill Chloe this evening. Chloe and Calypso have been at a pet hotel all week while I was out on a business trip, and are currently wandering around the house meowing most pittifully, with time outs for chasing each other.
    Beth

I seriously suspect that the canned food at the vets has "good stuff in it" since my cats eat wet food like hogs when they are kenneled but won't ouch it at home. Maybe it's when in rome syndrome.

My old cat Cappy had some horrible jaw infections as a baby before I got him and as a result had to have all but one rear incisor, his 4 canines and the nipping teeth in the front removed when he was 2. He quite happily crunched dry food until his death last year at 19 years old.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Marni, ok, now I'm wondering what is in the canned food at the vet's. They sold me the exact same stuff so I could feed him at home.

Beth, good luck. I just received big ole claw across my chest this morning for trying to pill him. Yeowza

Marni, ok, now I'm wondering what is in the canned food at the vet's. They sold me the exact same stuff so I could feed him at home.

Beth, good luck. I just received big ole claw across my chest this morning for trying to pill him. Yeowza
    Greenies pill pockets have worked for me (until the cat learned to eat the pocket and leave the pill behind). Well, and then we discovered the gluten connection.

Now it is the mix it with wet food for the boy's daily meds. Some days it can become quite the war of wills. When he gets stubborn, I sprinkle a little bonito flakes on top of his food. He loves them and that usually gets him to eat it. You can buy them in pet stores as a cat treat or for about 1/4 the price in the asian section of your grocery store.
    2009 Waterford RS-14 S&S Couplers - Brooks B68-Anatomica - Traveller
    2008 Waterford RS-33 - Brooks B68-Anatomica - Go Fast
    2012 Waterford Commuter - Brooks B68-Anatomica - 3.5-Season/Commuter
    2011 Surly Troll - Brooks B68 Imperial - Snow Beast

I had the pill on the end-table in the living room. Chloe jumps up for some petting, snoozes, gets more petting, pop the pill, more petting, snoozes some more, then, OH LOOK Calypso needs chasing!

It's the morning pill which is more difficult, I don't have time to sit and wait. Fortunately her current Rx is a pill every 3 days.
    Beth

Dear cats,
    Would y'all be okay with having a new doggy sister? I met a nice young dog at the humane society; I'm sure she'd enjoy playing with you. But you'll have to teach her to respect you; your claws will come in handy for that. We can put up the gate to stairs, so you can have a dog-free space, if you like. Let me know what you think!

Dear cats,
    Would y'all be okay with having a new doggy sister? I met a nice young dog at the humane society; I'm sure she'd enjoy playing with you. But you'll have to teach her to respect you; your claws will come in handy for that. We can put up the gate to stairs, so you can have a dog-free space, if you like. Let me know what you think!
    I think the kitties will vote "NO!" but adopt the doggy anyway. They'll get over it. I miss walking a dog.
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    I think the kitties will vote "NO!" but adopt the doggy anyway. They'll get over it. I miss walking a dog.
    +1 for getting the doggy! The cats will get over it pretty soon.

Dear Chloe,
    I'm glad you're feeling better, really, I am... but do you have to lie on the laptop keyboard, and my hands and look over your shoulder at the screen?

I wish someone was around to photograph this:
    Notebook computer open on a lap desk.
    Chloe lieing on her side, under left hand, head on right hand, belly towards me, her right side is up. She then roll her head looking over her right shoulder, so she's looking at the screen upside down.

At least she's breathing better.
    Beth

Dear cats,
    Went to visit Xandra on Sunday afternoon, and now I'm sure she's not the right dog for us. With all the people and chaos at that time, she was a different dog, totally keyed up and hyper. Maybe that's why she's been up for adoption for over 6 months... Anyway, sooner or later the cats will have to deal with a dog joining our household, but not quite yet.

Went to visit Xandra on Sunday afternoon, and now I'm sure she's not the right dog for us. With all the people and chaos at that time, she was a different dog, totally keyed up and hyper. Maybe that's why she's been up for adoption for over 6 months... Anyway, sooner or later the cats will have to deal with a dog joining our household, but not quite yet.
    It's a hard call, deciding if a dog is a good fit. Living in a shelter is tough, and sometimes the dogs don't "show" well as a result. Is there a shelter staff member or volunteer who can give you more insight into her personality? Maybe you can visit with her somewhere quieter? Very often, the two can give a more realistic view of the dog.

Good luck!