Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    Shouldn't this post have come with a "spoiler alert"?
    It's been reported at CNN and in cyling news. Why would anyone want to maintain suspense at finding this out?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

We have very good friends who live in Paris and they say it's hard for Americans to understand how much the French hate the fact that Americans have been dominating the sport. It's a little scary, according to them.
    fides quaerens intellectum (faith seeking understanding) - St. Anselm of Canterbury

who?
    where?
    what?
    why?
    when?
    you're probably familar with these questions
    who? where? what? we know that
    why? (if he did it) One explanation is that the program was team-wide, and a mixup was made, and Vino got somebody else's blood, which means somebody on Astana has Vino's blood.
    The ASO(The company that runs Le Tour) and the UCI offers Astana a deal. the team leaves en masse or we test all your riders.
    I personally don't look for pro to be motivaed, as Smiling Cat mentioned ( and some of my RealLife buddies have confirmed) , doping is everywhere. Besides, I have a buddy on bikejournal that finished RAAM with 80 some-odd stiches

I'm with Kalidurga - this is hardly a "spoiler".

A debacle, yes.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

The sponsors should be made to pay for cross-the-board tests, every day, on every player, in every sport. Heck some former golf pro suggested they should start testing the PGA tour, we'd see what comes out...

The riders are desperate, they need wins to support their life after 35. They've gambled everything on this sport.

You know what I do care about - we would not have access to Campy, carbon, or speedplay if it was not for drug-infested pro cycling. Now THAT would $uck.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Thanks Fredwina! That clarifies it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwina View Post
    who?
    The ASO(The company that runs Le Tour) and the UCI offers Astana a deal. the team leaves en masse or we test all your riders.
    stiches

Wait! - the contract that the teams signed before the tour started - did that have a clause about pulling the team if a single rider tested positive? I will do some research. It would not suprise me.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    Shouldn't this post have come with a "spoiler alert"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    It's been reported at CNN and in cyling news. Why would anyone want to maintain suspense at finding this out?
    I think ZC was really more lamenting the fact that she'd rather not have found out about this. As all the rest of us probably feel.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Wait! - the contract that the teams signed before the tour started - did that have a clause about pulling the team if a single rider tested positive? I will do some research. It would not suprise me.
    Could be that too. Spent too many years writing criminal records tracking system. Al othugh , most news source are reporting that they were "asked" to leave...

It is sad to see. I was a bit disappointed in Vino, but not shocked.

I also don't believe it could be a simple mix up with same type blood. There are all kinds of anitbodies in blood that have to be checked for compatability, not just the blood type and Rh pos/neg. It would be astounding to me that they accidently mixed up the blood and it just so happened that both riders affected had no antibodies or reaction to the blood.

I would like to see a doping free tour but like others have said the money and fame make such a tempting offer. Not to mention, the fans who have a huge desire to see their hero be super human.

I am still a cycling fan and will continue to watch. If nothing else, Rasmussen and Contador have added a thrill.
    If I can't go fast, at least I look good.

DS#2 brought this to my attention as soon as he saw it on a local news site a few minutes ago...
    Checked the Eurosport site first and then came over here...

Gutted, just gutted...

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

So, has any french rider ever tested positive when tested by this lab?

Karen in Boise

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    Yeah, the fact that they continue to use that lab bothers me, as well. I don't see any reason to frame Vino, as he's not a GC threat, but that lab's integrity has been called into question repeatedly so it just throws suspicion over any of their findings.
    Considering the heavy stakes, I can't imagine a lab whose integrity wouldn't be questioned after its results were used to accuse riders of doping.

Of course the lab has had cases with Americans: they've been winning. Back-of-the-peloton French riders don't get tested as often because they don't win very often.

Don't think about Vino - think about the guys like Alberto Contador and how awesome he is....and hopefully clean and honest!
    I love Contador, too, but remember he was already implicated in the Operacion Puerto scandal. I have no illusions that any of them are clean.

Recall that Vino will be the first rider to test positive under that new charter they made everyone sign before they could ride in the Tour. Under that agreement, he will forfeit his 2007 salary for a positive test.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes