Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thigh/Hamstring Problems Saddle Related?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sigh. It's me again. Not sure how I did this but when I moved over on the couch, my entire lower back, my quads and hamstrings just contracted miserably putting me in pain. I know my left hip moved as I felt that as well. Edited... my hip rotated. I know it does this and it's really annoying. Potential cause of problems if my left hip is rotated on a saddle?

The only culprit I can think of since I haven't done anything except that 6 mile ride the other day was that I changed the saddle to my Brooks one on my Fargo. I spent about 20 minutes messing with the fit and figured I had it right but maybe not after this.

The Brooks is a wider saddle than the stock WTB saddle. I used it last year on my Madone. I haven't had a problem on the WTB other than I keep having to slide my butt back and I wanted to try out the Brooks.

The next morning I had the same kind of pain I dealt with all last summer and then today it was worse until my lower back/legs all cramped up in agony.

Is it possible to have a saddle too wide causing problems? Does the fore/aft movement make a huge difference in how your leg muscles work?

Maybe it wasn't the Madone making cycling hurt, it might be the saddle.

I'll see the doc tomorrow. I just want to ride pain free.
    Last edited by Bethany1; 03-18-2012 at 06:36 PM.