Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oak, is your marathon this weekend???

If so, have an awesome run!

Next weekend. Thanks. The good news is I found an awesome chiropractor who did an incredibly thorough exam and history today and she is going to adjust me Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday to get me straightened up for next Saturday.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Next weekend. Thanks. The good news is I found an awesome chiropractor who did an incredibly thorough exam and history today and she is going to adjust me Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday to get me straightened up for next Saturday.
    Well, that's good news!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Got in a nice 70 min run this morning. I am not sure how many miles I ran because I am running a slower pace then usualy to train my aerobic system better. My average HR was 143 with a max of 157. Whoops. The run felt great and I could not have asked for better weather..temps in the upper 50s and sunny. I was able to wear shorts and a long sleeve shirt.

I ran two continual miles today! Shh...I skipped one of the days on the C25K plan, as I have only been running 2 days a week, instead of 3. I feel good, so I decided to go for it.
    It's humid and about 70 degrees, so I ran on flat ground, around Concord center. DH came with me, as he has a case of saddle sores for the first time in years and wants them to heal more before he rides again. So, I would say my pace was between 9:13 and 10:20, which was good. I tried to go slower, as I just don't do well in warm weather. Also, I took one of my bottles from my Nathan pack and held it. DH ran behind me and had the Garmin, which was acting up.
    I was ready to quit near the end, but, on to week 6.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    solo, I am so sad that I missed the trail running fest in Fruita this weekend. I did it last year and LOVED it. It's a really awesome event.

Oak, sounds like a great plan. I hope she can help you run a pain free race. You just have to make it through the coming week!

In other news, I got my a$$ handed to me today at a trail marathon. Very humbling experience. I have some regrouping (and learning) to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I ran two continual miles today! Shh...I skipped one of the days on the C25K plan, as I have only been running 2 days a week, instead of 3. I feel good, so I decided to go for it.
    Two miles...awesome! I appreciate your posts. They help keep me motivated since we're pretty close in our C25K programs. Don't tell anyone but I sometimes skip days when I'm feeling strong too
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

It was just too hot to run yesterday, and even hotter today. Normally I run MWF, but this past week it was just MW. A cold front is supposed to come through late tonight, so I will probably skip running tomorrow again and plan on running on Monday as scheduled. I feel guilty when I skip a run, but at 82-84 degrees and humid, I just can't handle it.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I ran 2 days in a row, mostly due to the fact I didn't get out early enough to beat the misty drizzle and ride.
    I really didn't feel that great during today's run, but I did it. Funny, it was "easier" than yesterday's run because it involved intervals of either 3/4 or 1/2 mile runs interspersed with walks instead of 2 full miles of running. The drizzle was on and off, so I ended up taking off my jacket and tying it around my waist. However, I was glad I wearing a cap. Generally, I *hate* wearing caps and don't understand why some think they're a fashion statement, but it kept my eyes and head dry today. My splits were all in the same time range as they have been, 9:30-10:30, but I tried to keep my pace slower than faster.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

No run...but how about some high altitude hiking. DH and I did about 8 miles with about 3000 feet of elevation gain. Beautiful day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7923.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	14396  

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    No run...but how about some high altitude hiking. DH and I did about 8 miles with about 3000 feet of elevation gain. Beautiful day.
    WOW!!! Where was this? Looks like you're on top of the world.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    WOW!!! Where was this? Looks like you're on top of the world.
    We were up near Loveland Pass. Awesome views.

Oh brrrr. I didn't need to look at that when I was already freezing. Beautiful. But, brrrrrr!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Sunday morning, 7 miles in drizzle/light rain and a very strong, chilly wind. Heading west was pretty brutal, the wind was an insult. Conversely, coming back I had the wind at my back. Felt amazingly good in the legs, decent energy.

I don't mind running in the rain, so long as I'm dressed appropriately and wear a brimmed hat. Might have to repeat it again Monday morning, but it will be at least 10 degrees colder.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Solo, wow, that's stunning!

Didn't feel like running this morning. It was cold (mid 30's) and breezy and I ate a lot of crap yesterday (I get a craving for sweets when my period shows up). But I ran anyway. It was one of those days where I just felt awkward. Still, I did 3 miles and so the week's off to a decent start.

Tonight's cross training: yardwork. It's time to clear out another bed in the garden, so I can plant some more veg. in a couple days. I'm always amazed just how good an upper-body workout that can be...