Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I rode on the stock saddle (Prologo Kappa Dea) from my Synapse for several hundred miles but I just replaced it with a Specialized Ruby saddle around 2 weeks ago. My sit bones were slightly tender the first weekend I rode on it (55 miles over 2 days) but I just finished a 50 mile charity ride last weekend and I had no discomfort in my sit bones or tissues at all. My saddle is pretty level but I had to play with the seat height a few times since it is thinner than the stock saddle. Hopefully you'll find a seat that works for you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    I've had good luck with the Specialized saddles.
    I've also had a good experience with my Specialized saddle, but I highly recommend sitting on the seat where they measure your sit bones to determine what saddle size you are.
    Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, and do whatever you want all the time, you could miss it.

2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0
    2007 Fuji Absolute 2.0

Re: Lets talk about saddles

I too am in the process of looking for a new saddle, unfortunately my budget is a bit tight since I'm still recovering from the costs of buying parts and assembling my bike.

I went to get my sitbones measured at a Specialized concept store nearby and apparently my sitbone width is 128mm. They suggested something between 150 and 155mm. No Specialized saddles in that size were available at the store then so I started looking online, but I could sure use some guidance.

I heard some good things about Charge Ladle, which is fine at $40 incl. shipping. If you have any other suggestions, preferably within the $60 range, my sore butt will surely appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by brigada View Post
    I too am in the process of looking for a new saddle, unfortunately my budget is a bit tight since I'm still recovering from the costs of buying parts and assembling my bike.

I went to get my sitbones measured at a Specialized concept store nearby and apparently my sitbone width is 128mm. They suggested something between 150 and 155mm. No Specialized saddles in that size were available at the store then so I started looking online, but I could sure use some guidance.

I heard some good things about Charge Ladle, which is fine at $40 incl. shipping. If you have any other suggestions, preferably within the $60 range, my sore butt will surely appreciate it
    Are there are bike shops in your area that let you demo saddles?
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I just bought this one for my cyclocross bike. I know it says 'mens', but I've used both mens and women's Specialized saddles in size 155 (also right for me), and I don't see a difference outside of marketing.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb.../toupepluscomp

It's just like the one I use on my regular road bike, but a little heavier, and the padding is slightly thicker (still minimal, which is good), hence the lower price. It's $75.00, not cheap, but not outrageous, either.

I've used the Specialized Toupe on my road bike for the last 3 years, now. For me, it's perfect and pain-free. (But read the above links and info before you buy anything, but skip the huge Summary of Saddle Info thread for now).
    Thank you for the tip! I will have to see how much this saddle would cost at the Spec concept store, or perhaps look online. I have a feeling that they might bump up the price by $20ish, but I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
    Are there are bike shops in your area that let you demo saddles?
    I don't think so, but I'll ask around just in case. I get the impression that most LBSs here consider saddles an afterthought and only stock the bare minimum.
    Last edited by brigada; 06-23-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Oh, I was browsing via my phone, I didn't even realize I could buy it! Unfortunately, they only ship to the US and I'm from Croatia

The saddle I have now is a disaster, I think the rails might even be bent because I feel like I'm slightly tilted to the side of the saddle while riding and the saddle makes a clicking noise when I shift my weight forward or backward. :/

Hi Muirenn, sorry I didn't reply to you earlier, I was busy with uni exams over the past week or so.

First of all, thank you for being so helpful! I checked the position of the saddle I have right now and my friend that works at a LBS checked the seatpost, everything seems fine. The saddle I'm using right now is a Selle Royal Mach. My brother used it before me and he agreed that it's the worst saddle ever. The creaking noise the saddle makes no matter how tight I screw the seatpost bolts makes me believe that the rails are indeed bent.

I would like to try my luck with your Vesta if you're willing to sell it to me. If so, please send me a message so we can arrange everything

Thank you once again for the thorough reply, this saddle is keeping me away from the bike I spent 6 months building up so I'm getting a bit antsy to treat my butt with a nicer one

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyF View Post
    I did, I have a couple of pairs, I have now tried 3 specialized a Selle Italia and ProLogo, What do you think about Terry and Brooks? I went back to my LBS and they measured and fit me to a seat and I think I am finally in the right size but still havn't found the one. Most of them make the lady situation and my behind go numb, I even got a saddle sore from one!! I am starting to get frustrated that I will never find "the one"
    Sorry for taking sooo long to reply. I can't say about Terry, but I do like Pearl Izumi over some other brands.