Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: Solids or Prints?

Voters
145. This poll is closed
  • I like solid and color block tops.

79 54.48%
  • I like prints.

66 45.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

You need an option to vote for both! I like variety, damn it!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Just gotta love the pig-pen food falling out of mouth, brushin-up against dirty things hiding capacity of some prints! Animal print goes with everything right?

i like designs, Primal wear makes some really awesome ones. Bright colors, of course.
    oh rats. i like color blocks a lot (voted for prints)
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    you said it!

as opposed to:

For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
    That is exactly what I meant - I even have a hard time grouping designs and geometrics/color blocks in the same category... Give me a design or solid color any time!

Pedal Wench, that's it exactly.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Pedal Wench has it. Plain or print is too simplistic. Most of my jerseys are plain but my all-time fave jersey has a bold pattern, white on black. I can't stomach the busy little prints that look like they have bits of carrot in them. No pink here either.

My favorite jerseys have a bold print but not like Sheila Moon. I love primal wears jerseys, I have four and they are all great looking plus bright. Well except the black dragonfly one but that is for mountain biking. And of course the Amici Veloci is still one of my favorites.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by oz rider View Post
    Pedal Wench has it. Plain or print is too simplistic. Most of my jerseys are plain but my all-time fave jersey has a bold pattern, white on black. I can't stomach the busy little prints that look like they have bits of carrot in them. No pink here either.
    Exactly how I feel also! And perfect examples in those two different jerseys.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

The poll numbers are split exactly even at this moment. weird.

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

In the PedalWench survey - Jersey #1 over #2, hands down.

Don't like the fussy prints. I like Hawaiian prints, or poster type prints. In my jersey collection, I don't have any solids, so I had to pick "prints" over "solid". Unfortunately there are so many types of "printed" that it gets confusing.

See my avatar - I'm wearing my TdF sunflower jersey.
    Beth

I voted for solid, but would take something like Pedal Wench's #1 jersey in a heartbeat. I'd describe it as a print that reads as a solid.

The wild, busy patterns are not for me. I'm quite big enough as it is now, darn it, I don't need my clothes making me look even bigger.

ETA: While we're on the subject, I also dislike large company logos all over jerseys. I'm not a racer, I'm not sponsored, and I am most definately NOT a mobile billboard for any company. (humph!)
    Last edited by MomOnBike; 02-18-2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: thought of something else
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Quote Originally Posted by MomOnBike View Post
    I voted for solid, but would take something like Pedal Wench's #1 jersey in a heartbeat.
    Indeed, I want this jersey NOW However I just purchased new lenses for my glasses, and a new pair of Oakley prescription sunglasses so it will have to wait...

Sorry Jeff for throwing off your survey! The first jersey I posted is a Primal Wear, and I'll wear almost anything they make. The second (which just turns my stomach) is Terry, and I would never, ever wear that. BUT, obviously, thousands of women do or they wouldn't make them. And judging by the split in the polls, half of us would too!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

I'm mostly a solids type of a girl both on and off the bike. I have a few jerseys or tanks that have a bit of a design, but none of them are particularly crazy. I do like the jersey that PedalWrench provided a picture of. That's pretty cool.

I'm generally more interested in fit and visibility than the actual design. I really like the fit of Shebeest's Bellisima jersey and Terry's Eurohalter, so I more or less stick with them, assuming I like the design well enough. Shebeest used an animal print last year if I remember correctly that I passed on. I really liked the dragonfly that Primalwear used a couple year's back, but the tank fit me so poorly that I sent it back.

My only pet peeve in women's clothing is all the black. I don't get why so many jerseys and jackets are in black. I want a jersey or top that people are going to see.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher