Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

New Movie, Premium Rush

To disable ads, please log-in.

So, anyone planning on seeing this at the big theater or just wait for the DVD? The early reviews seem positive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '89 Bridgestone Radac Dura-Ace | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1 | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1.2 (balloon tire bike) | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '93 Bridgestone MB-5 (my SUB*) | Specialized Lithia, 143

My blog: Portlandia Pedaler (at Blogger)

I just saw the previews the other night. I don't know if I'll go to the theater to see it, we usually watch on DVD.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

I saw the preview... I sense it is coming to an airplane near you soon! It's the type of movie that will end up as an in-flight movie. And, if you have choices and a long flight, might become the last one in your queue.

I will wait for the blu ray. It's probably fun and exciting, but I'm sure it will have stuff in it that will make real cyclists flinch, roll their eyes, or laugh out loud at t it. Meaning, I'm expecting it to be ridiculous and completely unrealistic.

Many years afo now, we (DH, his two best boating pals, and myself) almost got thrown out of the theatre at "The River Wild" with our peanut gallery and snarky commentary peppered with a lot of, "oh, riiight...". They've run all the runnable sections of the rivers in that movie, and trust me, there were a lot of Hollywood liberties taken with the sport.
    Last edited by Irulan; 08-15-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Aasif Mandvi is in it!

I can hear the peanut gallery warming up already too. Agree it is better for me to see this one at home with a rowdy audience.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I kept thinking, I recognize this guy, who is this guy?
    Hey, it's the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

I saw it tonight and it was quite entertaining, in a Bruce Willis Die Hard genre kind of movie. With the hero always getting pounded beyond belief, dusting themselves off, getting up and they keep on going, where in reality it would be hospital time. It was fun because it wasn't your typical car chase scenes but on bikes instead. Plus the hero in the story was cute and they gave him one of those endearing type personalities.

Considering my fall a couple of weeks ago my ribs hurt in sympathy with those in the story.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Writer View Post

Considering my fall a couple of weeks ago my ribs hurt in sympathy with those in the story.
    I saw it too and enjoyed it. But joked that given my trip to the ER and my stitches, it was perhaps not the best time for a movie of people crashing their bikes.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!