Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

let me know if you guys ride Ridgeline..I would love to join in.

Would you two like to do Ridgeline on the 29th rather than Buffalo Creek? I'm open to either trail.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    the very fun, rocky, downhill at the end.
    hahahahaha "fun" and "downhill" are never in the same sentence where I'm concerned We rode up first, then crossed 93 to ride some trails over there and finished counter-clockwise.

I'll have to see if I can make it down near you guys. I sometimes leave work early but I have this feeling that I-25 would be pretty terrible to drive down during the week regardless of what time I leave. Or is it better during the week than on weekends? I hate that road.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

I think that I-25 would be too slow during the week to drive here after work. I was suggesting that you and Solo may want to ride Ridgeline on Sunday 7/29 rather than Buffalo Creek. I'm good with riding either trail so I'll let you two decide where you want to ride.

I must be the only rider in the world who gets more nervous about the super-steep uphills than downhills. I've come close to crashing more often on these steep uphills than downhills and even managed to break my ankle riding up one of these hills.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I think that I-25 would be too slow during the week to drive here after work. I was suggesting that you and Solo may want to ride Ridgeline on Sunday 7/29 rather than Buffalo Creek. I'm good with riding either trail so I'll let you two decide where you want to ride.

I must be the only rider in the world who gets more nervous about the super-steep uphills than downhills. I've come close to crashing more often on these steep uphills than downhills and even managed to break my ankle riding up one of these hills.
    That sounds good to me...the 29 down in your neck of the woods.

As for getting nervous about the uphills....that is me. I usually fall on the uphills not the down hills and get pretty bruised up. I can't imagine how bad i would injure myself if I actually had some speed going when I fall. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

What's your preference on the 29th, Jess? Buffalo Creek or Ridgeline?
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

I'm fine with whatever! Sorry, my brain is melting right now. So glad I have a mini-vacation planned this weekend...except that it isn't really planned, and I don't have time to plan it.

LOL Jess :-) Hope you find time to plan something fun!!

Cool! Ridgeline it is.

Have a good time this weekend, Jess.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

Are we still on for Ridgeline next Sunday?
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

I'm still game to go but will be totally out of shape

I don't believe that you're out of shape. Maybe you aren't in the shape that you'd like to be in but not out of shape.

We finally got out of our backyard and did a portion of Indian Creek yesterday. It kicked my butt both aerobically and technically. When I got home, I discovered that Indian Creek is considered advanced.

Now I have something to compare Ridgeline too. I'd call Ridgeline mostly easy with a few moderately technical sections. I don't think that any of the extended climbs are much more than about 1/2 mile but there are some pretty steep sections on some of the climbs. It will take us about 2 hours to ride most of the trails and that includes frequent, short, breaks to rest and regroup. I'll have to take a few breaks before and/or after some of the steep sections and there is a technical switchback that I won't ride yet. I'm hoping that you and Solo don't get bored waiting for me
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

I guess I should've said I'm not in bike shape How 'bout I just run up the climbs? I am running 18 miles on Saturday but at least they'll be flat, so I should be ok on the bike.

Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    I guess I should've said I'm not in bike shape How 'bout I just run up the climbs?
    Nooooo! Then you'll really beat me up the hills
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB