Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

News flash! Floyd Landis doping charges dismissed!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Read all about it!!

Paris, September 7, 2035 (Fat Cyclist Future News Service) - Floyd Landis, winner of the 2006 Tour de France, is free to race his bike again, with the advent of all charges being dismissed today.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Fatty is so funny. Though he may be right.

That is SO cruel - I was reaching for the phone to call my husband til I realized it was Fat cyclist.

Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Dang it! I got all happy and called DH then I read it. Hilarious but when ARE they going to come to a decision?

per roadbikerider.com - Sept 12th
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac View Post
    per roadbikerider.com - Sept 12th
    Yipee its Corsair - sure have missed you here at TE.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Dismissed?
    Is that the same as being found not guilty?
    (or just a face-saving measure)

Fatty is hilarious. One clone per team
    Last edited by Zen; 09-07-2007 at 11:04 AM.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

HUGGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Trek - missed ya'll too!!!

(but still ahead of you on # of posts!!!)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    Yah...check the year....2035.

But Floyd did come in 3rd at last weekend's SM100 (Shenandoah Mtn 100).

Oh...and welcome back, CM. You were the first one to officially welcome me to TE last summer on the "getting to know you" thread, and it's nice to "see" you back!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Okay, that's just mean. I was about hit SEND on an email to about 6 people, after already telling Dh, who was overjoyed. Then I realized it was fake. I don't think I like you.

Oops. Sorry, Jiffer! I figured the ladies here would catch on to the joke fairly quickly. Just curious, though: Did you read the article before writing that e-mail to those 6 people, or did you write it based just on the thread title? Not to go all preachy, but that's a good example of why it's so important to read and think about the news that's printed. It's not all fair, un-biased, fact-filled, or even accurate, whether it's a joke or not.

My sincere apologies to anyone who didn't appreciate the joke. I'll try to be more blatant next time, I promise!
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

dang... you got me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    Oops. Sorry, Jiffer! I figured the ladies here would catch on to the joke fairly quickly. Just curious, though: Did you read the article before writing that e-mail to those 6 people, or did you write it based just on the thread title? Not to go all preachy, but that's a good example of why it's so important to read and think about the news that's printed. It's not all fair, un-biased, fact-filled, or even accurate, whether it's a joke or not.

My sincere apologies to anyone who didn't appreciate the joke. I'll try to be more blatant next time, I promise!
    Apology accepted. No, I didn't read the article before I wrote the email, but I did stop and make a point to read it before hitting SEND. So, I wasn't THAT much of an idiot. Only a minor idiot ... for a brief period of time.