Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1014 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 145149149641004101010111012101310141015101610171018102410641114 ... LastLast
Results 15,196 to 15,210 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Please let me leave for vacation on Saturday without killing myself in the meantime. On my way out of my building a few minutes ago on a trip to my bank, I tripped and fell down 4-5 limestone steps. I hit my left knee and my left elbow. Both are torn up a bit. Owie. Oh, and my skirt totally flew up as I landed on the pavement in front of an offloading city bus. One of the men standing there says--as he kindly helped me up--"you sure fell pretty." I don't know if he meant I fell hard or if I fell with my panties showing. Dear Lord....
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Yikes Indy, I hope you are ok! I bet he just meant that you fell in a lady-like manner and that your skirt didn't really fly up that high

Holy cow, Indy!!

Sending you soothing vacation vibes... where ya going??

Electra Townie 7D

Yikes, Indy! Hope you aren't as messed up from your fall as I am from mine. Have a good vacation...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Holy cow, Indy!!

Sending you soothing vacation vibes... where ya going??
    Thanks, dear!

Utah. We're doing the same tour that Veronica just did along the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP. Then we have another four days in Moab for some hiking and chillin'. I'm excited (and a wee bit scared, as I'm not as well trained for this as I'd like).

How you doing these days? How's your mom and your honey? And your new hot bike?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Yikes, Indy! Hope you aren't as messed up from your fall as I am from mine. Have a good vacation...
    I'll be fine. How are YOU? I haven't checked in on the running thread lately because I've only been on a couple of runs these last few weeks. Have your run your marathon yet? If so, how'd it go?

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Thanks, dear!

Utah. We're doing the same tour that Veronica just did along the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP. Then we have another four days in Moab for some hiking and chillin'. I'm excited (and a wee bit scared, as I'm not as well trained for this as I'd like).

How you doing these days? How's your mom and your honey? And your new hot bike?
    Oooh, Utah! So beautiful!! have a wonderful time.

Things are getting better, I'm starting to get my life back, mom is starting to get hers back, my honey is finally NOT working 70-80, we've been out riding motorcycles!!

Electra Townie 7D

Ouch Indy. "You sure fell pretty" is the best thing I've heard anyone say in that situation, when pretty is the last thing you're feeling. Hope you're not hurt!

Have fun!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I'll be fine. How are YOU? I haven't checked in on the running thread lately because I've only been on a couple of runs these last few weeks. Have your run your marathon yet? If so, how'd it go?
    Thanks for asking. Marathon is a week from Saturday. It's been tough trying to get treatment for my neck though, especially since we just moved back north and I don't have a chiropractor or a decent massage therapist here yet. Tried to see someone yesterday and long story, but it was bad news and didn't happen. Have an appointment with someone else tomorrow... I can race the way I am if I have to, but my neck is so far out that something's pressing on my trachea (SCM tendon by the feel of it), and on top of the muscle spasms that's really uncomfortable.

Utah is beautiful. Have a wonderful time!

Pax, glad things are settling down for you, and that you're getting a chance to blow some of those cobwebs out on that sexy 600.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

(((Oak))). I hope you get straightened out soon and in time for the race. It seems like every year brings something new, or at I feel that way about my own injuries/illnesses. I at least got my endo to take me off the anti-thyroid drugs. I've been mildly hypo since last fall. Here's hoping!

--Mary Anne Radmacher

So while I've long been a reader, I've always shied away from the Classics--to my detriment, of course. Anyway, I started Dickens' Bleak House last night on my relatively new Kindle. So far so good, although I decided to print off a list of characters so I can keep everybody straight as I read. Is anybody here a Dickens fan?

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I'm glad things are getting better for you and your mom, Pax. It's good to see you on TE! We've missed you!

--Mary Anne Radmacher

So while I've long been a reader, I've always shied away from the Classics--to my detriment, of course. Anyway, I started Dickens' Bleak House last night on my relatively new Kindle. So far so good, although I decided to print off a list of characters so I can keep everybody straight as I read. Is anybody here a Dickens fan?
    I love Dickens, and Bleak House is my favorite - though it is named quite well... I also like to collect BBC versions of Dicken's stories from the 80's and early 90's, they are quite well done and stick quite closely to the story as Dickens wrote them.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Thanks for asking. Marathon is a week from Saturday. It's been tough trying to get treatment for my neck though, especially since we just moved back north and I don't have a chiropractor or a decent massage therapist here yet. Tried to see someone yesterday and long story, but it was bad news and didn't happen. Have an appointment with someone else tomorrow... I can race the way I am if I have to, but my neck is so far out that something's pressing on my trachea (SCM tendon by the feel of it), and on top of the muscle spasms that's really uncomfortable.
    Somehow I missed this, Oakleaf, I am so sorry that you are going through this. It sounds, very much, like what I went through with my whiplash injury...now I need to go to the running thread and see what happened! I hope that you are able to do your marathon and you are feeling much better by then.

I always liked Great Expectations. When I was 18 or so I found an old leather bound copy of it in a used bookstore in Brown County IN. I struggled to part with the $10 or so they were asking, but it was leather! I still have it 30+ years later, my first "real" book purchase.

Electra Townie 7D