Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Believe me...I wish that so Cal had that scenery too! The Eastern Sierras are just breathtaking, it was such a treat to be up there and I already want to go back. It's about a 6 hour drive from here...not too bad, but I definitely want to stay longer next time.

Before we came home today we drove up two of the climbs that are on Everest Challenge and HOLY CRAP... It was Pine Creek and Glacier Lodge...the climbing up there is just unbelievable.

Congrats on the Triple Crown!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Okay...here's my ESDC report, just copied and pasted from Bike Forums. I'll add that I did see Veronica. I had my eyes peeled for an Amici Veloci jersey all day and I saw it as I was climbing out of lunch. I yelled...did you hear me Veronica???
    Yes, I did hear you. That was actually pretty cool. I'm still working on my ride report. The working title is "F*ck, this sucks!" Elevation is not my friend. That's why I'm up at 2 AM drinking more water!

As we were driving home yesterday Thom (he was a SAG driver) was telling me that someone had crashed and his girlfriend had been pretty worried. I was hoping it wasn't George. Is he and his bike going to be all right for RAAM?

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Congrats on the Triple Crown!

Yes, I did hear you. That was actually pretty cool. I'm still working on my ride report. The working title is "F*ck, this sucks!" Elevation is not my friend. That's why I'm up at 2 AM drinking more water!

As we were driving home yesterday Thom (he was a SAG driver) was telling me that someone had crashed and his girlfriend had been pretty worried. I was hoping it wasn't George. Is he and his bike going to be all right for RAAM?

V.
    Thank you!!! I was so distracted after all of that happened that I didn't realize until the next morning that I'd gotten my Triple Crown...lol.

I think that's the perfect title Veronica. I was/am still so dehydrated, I just feel like every bit of moisture has been sucked out of my body. That last section from Benton really did me in. I would take a drink and my mouth and throat would be dry before I could re-cage the bottle. Ugh.

Yes, that was George. I was very worried, it's hard to ride another 120 miles once you have that in your head. He'll be okay, he didn't hurt nearly as much yesterday and he's icing it. The handlebars were sheared and there's a scratch on the headtube...this was his BRAND NEW Cervelo Soloist Carbon, by the way. The one he bought specifically for RAAM. He'll get it fixed this week. Check out the pictures, it could have been MUCH worse. He hit a snow stake and luckily the handlebars took the impact.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclema...06668476/show/

Oh, and to think, I'm planning on doing a double at the end of October with about the same amount of climbing ...

hoo boy

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Oh, and to think, I'm planning on doing a double at the end of October with about the same amount of climbing ...

hoo boy
    You'll do great! That amount of climbing on a double century, in my opinion, is not too horrible. Now the winds...they're another story.

The working title is "F*ck, this sucks!"
    My, my, you long distance girls have such potty mouths , but such great stories!

Jo, Solvang will be easier. Central Coast and Tam were both easier than ES. You'll be fine.

Brandy did George really fall asleep while climbing?

V.

TandemHearts.com

Ah, I was hoping you'd say that !

jo "I'll believe anything" bob

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Brandy did George really fall asleep while climbing?

V.
    He was just done descending Mammoth Scenic Loop, about 1/4 mile from the turn-off onto 395. Yes, he was nodding off. He had stopped twice to shake it out and he was thinking he would just stop as soon as the descent was over.

It was the elevation and lack of humidity. The humidity was only in the teens most of the day. I think I would have liked to get rained on. It just sucked me dry, literally.

I've been drinking and eating like crazy and I'm still down two pounds since Friday morning.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Well, I'm relieved he sounds like he'll be okay. I'll look at the pics when I get home. Stupid blocking software at work...

I SO wish I could have taken today off!

V.

TandemHearts.com

congrats to both of you for finishing, and congrats on the triple crown, Brandy!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I am looking forward to reading V's ride report from this. Brandy, it sounds like you had a good ride - more or less! I sure hope George is okay.

I just went and re-read my report from ESDC last year. I remember struggling (gastro-intestinally) from the altitude, which is often typical for me. But it was REALLY creepy to notice that I wrote about having chest pain. This was after months of struggling with breathing problems, and three weeks before I was admitted to the hospital. (It was also BEFORE I took that cross-country flight, and it tells me that as I suspected, I had those stupid pulmonary emboli coming on for several months that whole year - after I started taking the BC in February. They weren't just brought on by the flight.)

Yowza. Glad to be here.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I reread your report several times last week in preparation for the ride and the part about the chest pains was creepy.

I'm really glad you're still with us.

V.
    Last edited by Veronica; 06-04-2007 at 12:43 PM.

TandemHearts.com

Thanks MP! I too re-read your report, that is scary and I'm glad that you are okay!

As for those expansion joints...people tried to tell me that they weren't as bad as you described. Uh uh...your description was dead-on. In fact, three of us from BF had stuff rattle loose or fall off...a light for me, part of a pump for another guy and one guy's Garmin flew off and almost went in the cattle guard.

Expansion joints are the devil.