Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sweat pants for TALL people???

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm 5'9" and only recently discovered at least one place I can buy sweat pants that are actually long enough on me to not feel like a dork the second I put shoes on (or not even put shoes on). Another tall friend of mine loaned me some sweat pants on a camping trip from Hollister that were ACTUALLY LONG ON ME! I was SO excited and recently bought two pairs, which I am loving.

However, I'd like to have more variety and have options that don't have HOLLISTER plastered on my pants, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where else I might find sweat pants for tall people. Or exercise type pants of any sort, really. Just to be comfy in around the house mostly. I've tried on so many at sporting good stores and can't believe how difficult it is.

Thanks!!!

If you don't have any success with a men's size, try Lands End or Newport News. They both have tall sizes. I am 5'8" and sometimes have to got with the tall in case of shrinkage. Good luck.

Lululemon. I'm 5'7" and I have to roll mine up not once, but twice! Plus they have a little stretch so they don't get all deformed at the knee or saggy in the butt.

I'm only 5"7' and most sweat pants are too short. But on another topic-where can I buy jeans for my teenage son who's 6"1' and needs a 30" or less waist with 34" length? Virtually impossible to find in stores! Shopping with him is worse that bra shopping for a teenaged girl!

34" in the length are nearly impossible to find in any waist size. My husband can use a 35 or 36 inseam, but we often settle for a 34". Jeans do not go over 34". Further, his waist size used to be 46", and the manufacturers don't seem to think you can be tall AND round. Happily, he's almost back in to his 40s so I can find pants for him again.

A 30" x 34"--the manufacturer's may think you can't be tall AND that thin! I'll bet he has to use a belt on everything.

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by beccaB View Post
    I'm only 5"7' and most sweat pants are too short. But on another topic-where can I buy jeans for my teenage son who's 6"1' and needs a 30" or less waist with 34" length? Virtually impossible to find in stores! Shopping with him is worse that bra shopping for a teenaged girl!
    Don't know if they still have them, but I used to buy Levis in 28x36 way back when that was my size. They had a bunch of bins on the wall with all the sizes listed like that.

Title nine recently sent an email about having a long size. They listed the medium long as 34".
    I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    34" in the length are nearly impossible to find in any waist size. My husband can use a 35 or 36 inseam, but we often settle for a 34".
    This makes me scratch my head. It's pretty easy to find 34" inseam jeans for women, and women are on average shorter than men. You'd think the clothing companies would realize they need to make longer jeans for men...

Sometimes Target has their champion brand yoga pants in tall lengths. I was excited to find these because i always looked like i was waiting for the next flood. I'm 5'7" and after a couple of washes i still have to roll up the hem when i put my sneakers on to go to the gym.

Athleta.com has pants in Tall sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    This makes me scratch my head. It's pretty easy to find 34" inseam jeans for women, and women are on average shorter than men. You'd think the clothing companies would realize they need to make longer jeans for men...
    Yes, but women have longer legs for their height than men. My friend Vicki is 5'9" and wears a 34" inseam in jeans (she buys pants from Victoria's Secret). My DH is 5'10" and only wears a 30 or 31" length! And I am a pipsqueak at 5'2" and wear 29" inseams! So, it actually makes sense that it's easier to find longer inseams in women's pants than in mens....but that doesn't help those who need an "unusual" size!

I have a VERY difficult time finding pants in the right inseam length for me. Most petite pants are too short, and regulars (and Victoria's Secret short length, which has a 30" inseam) are always too long.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I bought a pair of Sugoi yoga pants for a friend who is tall, and I was able to actually buy the correct size (rather than a size larger) because they were perfect in length for her. Would have been too long on my short little legs, but they work great for her.

I think they might be these, but a previous year's pair:

http://sugoi.com/item/76120/SUG41120F

Those say 32" inseam. Might still not be long enough depending on how tall you are.

I'm 5'11 and buy sweatpants and most of my work pants from the JC Penney Catalog. If you give them your e-mail address they often send free shipping emails. The Nike perfect fit workout pant comes in a long, and they are great. You can get those from Nordstrom.com. I also love the basic work pants from Ann Taylor Loft. There are a couple of websites that sell speciality tall women's clothing but I find they are a bit expensive. I read that Lululemon are Gabby Reece's favorite and she is 6'3 or something, so they must be super long.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm surprised how many people had a suggestion!