Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Nice job kat and Emily!

I did 11 yesterday ... really sore from yoga, so I was pretty slow and felt heavy, but I got it done. Family stuff the next couple of days, I'm going to have to put my next long run off until the weekend. Just praying nothing goes wrong the way it ALWAYS does.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Good job, Emily and kat! There's a local 15k just added to the calendar, and a guaranteed PR at a new distance is tempting... Don't see many 15ks around here.

I wasn't sure if I'd be running outside or on the treadmill today, but then I took my dog out for her first pee of the morning. Despite wearing boots, she almost pulled me over when I hit some ice on the sidewalk. So the treadmill... 4 miles, at an 8:30 pace; 2 days off had me feeling turbocharged. I've never run that far at a pace under about 8:40 before. And tomorrow morning it may be warm enough to be running in shorts. That's spring in KY, I guess...

Tough run this morning! We had rain off and on for two days, turning the unpaved road into a muddy mess. Some of the puddles extended as ponds across the entire road. Normally I'd just run on the beach, but the tide was also extremely high this morning, and piles of sea grass washed in overnight, so in places where there is no seawall, there was very little beach, and what was there to run on was very soft sand you sink into.

Neither option -- road nor beach -- was good at all, but I gave them both the old college try. North on the road, going off-road around numerous ponds, then south on the beach, slogging through soft sand and seagrass. It was also hot (upper 70s) and mostly sunny again this morning, which made for more of a struggle than two days ago when we had the nice cold front and overcast skies.

This is a 4-mile route, but with all the twists and turns I had to take to get around obstacles, I am sure I did slightly over that. Just glad to finish today!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

5 miles for me. Thought it would be horrible given the wind gusts, but it wasn't too bad. Had a nice tailwind on the second half. I like running.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

I feel like this is a good place for me to say woohoo! Started running again in January, decided to train for a 1/2 marathon, and so far, so good. So far, March has seen me run...

* 6.01 miles on 3/3
    * 3.29 miles on 3/6
    * 2.56 miles today, 3/7 - shorter distance, but more running, with a 2 minute run/1 minute walk

So..one week in with 10 miles and change, not bad for someone whose 2011 goal was not to run at all.
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

Good job, tangentgirl!
    Emily

A run was not on the agenda today, it should of be strength training. But I didn't even get that in. Yesterday I was hoping my sinus issues and sore throat was just allergies, but it was not....I have a spring cold! Bummer! How can the common cold cause so much havoc! I feel crummy, I am tried, yucky! I hope to get an easy walk in my new barefoot shoe today. Not sure if I can muck out the treadmill tomorrow AM before work or not, guess I'll see how I feel.

K
    katluvr

Great job Kat and Emily! And welcome to the fold, tangentgirl!

I'm just swinging by to say farewell. It's going to be 4 -6 months before I'm allowed to even try to run again, so I won't be torturing myself by visiting here too much.

Not only did I break that 4th metatarsal, but I damaged (sprained, torn, fractured, something...) my Lisfranc joint. The doc won't know for sure until he cuts me open. I have surgery next week and a very long road to recovery ahead of me. Some things I've read said that the joint may always be a problem for me, so I may be giving up running for good. We'll see though. For now I just know that I will not be doing much of anything this summer.

Luckily, I still love to bike and swim...so one day, I'll get to do those again at least!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

GLC - that REALLY sucks With all you guys have going on too - that's rough

Hang in there - and I absolutely don't blame you for not torturing yourself
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Not only did I break that 4th metatarsal, but I damaged (sprained, torn, fractured, something...) my Lisfranc joint. The doc won't know for sure until he cuts me open. I have surgery next week and a very long road to recovery ahead of me. Some things I've read said that the joint may always be a problem for me, so I may be giving up running for good. We'll see though. For now I just know that I will not be doing much of anything this summer.
    Crap, crap, crap! I was so hoping you hadn't done anything serious. I'm so sorry! Injuries s u c k!

Please keep us posted of your progress -- you can move to the health thread, no need to torture yourself in the running thread. I will be pulling for you!

Hope the surgery goes well.
    Emily

Oh man (((((GLC))))), that stinks. Best of luck with the surgery and hoping you heal quickly and completely.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I'm just swinging by to say farewell. It's going to be 4 -6 months before I'm allowed to even try to run again, so I won't be torturing myself by visiting here too much.
    Bummed to hear that. Will miss your "company" and bummed about the injury. Good luck with surgery. I hope the joint isn't as bad as feared.

Well, look on the bright side....there are always AquaVelo races!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

GLC, I am really sorry about your injury.
    But, it seems like you've already put your focus on your recovery. That's a job in itself! Good luck.
    Hey, I keep reading this thread, even though I haven't run since November. I'm just starting to feel it might be OK, but I seriously have to get new shoes. I guess I don't love running that much that it bothers me to read this thread, because my running is very modest compared to most.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

Thumbs up

Had some "tummy troubles" after lunch yesterday, and didn't feel much like eating dinner. Did manage a bit of left over stir fry and a slice of toast. Woke up this morning thinking "ugh, I gotta get 4 in today", chugged a glass of water, ate the last 2 Clif Shot Blocks in a week-old opened pack () and head out the door. Got my satellites and then hid my Garmin from sight under my sleeve (love shirts with those thumb holes!) and ran by "feel."
    And...it was a great run.
    Ran up every hill in my torture-fest neighborhood. No walking. Didn't light the road on fire with my speed, but that is never my goal. I read about someone who would sing "Happy Birthday" aloud, to make sure he was keeping his HR and effort at a good level (if you can't speak, you're working too hard). So, I started to belt out "Happy Birthday" going up a hill - just as I passed a neighbor out at the end of his driveway, picking up his morning paper. He must have thought I lost my mind!
    Last edited by 7rider; 03-09-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Wrong food stuff
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

5 miles today. Much harder than when I did the same distance on Monday due to the temperature being 8 or so degrees warmer and much more sun out. Instead of finishing feeling like I could keep going indefinitely, I barely made it to the 5 mile mark without dropping to a walk several times. I am sure I was slower too.

But I did it, by golly!

Looking forward to my water belt arriving via a friend from the US at the end of the month. I am ready to be able to drink a little during the run AND pour some over my head as well!
    Emily