Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I ran approximately 3 hilly miles outside today on my lunch hour at work. Temp was a perfect 75, overcast, and VERY windy! I had a hard time even running with the headwind, but it felt so good! Right as I got back to the gym and was stretching outside, it started raining, so I went back into the gym to finish my stretching. Within 1 minute, it was POURING!!! I thank my lucky stars that I finished up in the nick of time.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

4 miles this morning - 2 loops around a nice pond near my house, running on the dirt/pine needle bed feels good vs. pavement. First run on my schedule since the marathon that I didn't have to go easy, felt good to push it a bit.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Well....
    Do I post this as a ride report or a run report...cuz it was both!
    A friend and I both signed up to do a duathlon in August. She's already freaking out because she had hand surgery in December and really hasn't ridden her bike much at all lately (60 miles year to date).
    So today, we did a multisport day - ride followed by a run (I have a duathlon on the 14th, a hilly one that's a 5K, 24K, 5K, so I'm freaking out in my own way, as I'm not doing much running and somehow have to be in shape to run an equivalent of 10k!).
    We rode through Rock Creek Park - 24 miles at a pretty leisurely clip - her chasing me most of the way - and the 3.5 miles running from her house - me chasing her most of the way. She's really gotten the running thing going lately, and it remains a struggle for me.
    I need to change my attitude on running, but not sure how, other than to keep signing up for these crazy events which force me to run for training.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

10.5 mile trail run. Beautiful day for it.

Countdown to 25k starts now!
    Monday: 4.5 easy
    Tuesday: Mountain bike
    Wednesday: 200's speed work
    Thursday: 3.5 easy
    Friday: REST
    Saturday: 20 mile mountain bike race
    Sunday: 8 mile run
    Monday: 8 hilly miles
    Tuesday: mountain bike
    Wedensday: 3.5 easy
    Thursday: easy bike ride (60 minutes)
    Friday: rest
    Saturday: 25k!!!!!
    Last edited by limewave; 12-22-2011 at 08:28 AM.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    10.5 mile trail run. Beautiful day for it.

Countdown to 25k starts now!
    Monday: 4.5 easy
    Tuesday: Mountain bike
    Wednesday: 200's speed work
    Thursday: 3.5 easy
    Friday: REST
    Saturday: 20 mile mountain bike race
    Sunday: 8 mile run
    Monday: 8 hilly miles
    Tuesday: mountain bike
    Wedensday: 3.5 easy
    Thursday: easy bike ride (60 minutes)
    Friday: rest
    Saturday: 25k!!!!!
    Good luck, Limewave!!!

I spent the last week with DH in Zion National Park. I didn't run at all, but I did do a fair amount of hiking--about 34 miles--much of it up and down steep grades. Fro those familiar with the Park, we hiked Emerald Pools (lower and upper; middle was closed), part of the West Rim (from the Grotto to Telephone Canyon and back), Observation Point, the River Walk, Middle Fork of Taylor Creek (in the Kolob Finger Canyons), Canyon Overlook and the Watchman. We also rode one day and walked in town to and from our hotel a lot. I'm now pooped!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I haven't posted lately, but I have been keeping up with my training. 18 miles yesterday and 36 miles total for the week. Next weekend is 'the big one' (20 mile training run), and then the following week is the last with high volume before I FINALLY get to taper. I can't wait for the taper because this body is ready for a break.

28 days until the marathon!
    2010 Scott Speedster Limited/Bontrager Inform RL
    2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Feminine/Terry Butterfly
    2005 Cannondale F400/Terry Butterfly

I had a great run today! A 7 mile run after an open water swim. My breathing was easy, my running loose, my HR low, and my pace better than average for the distance. I wish they could all feel this good!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    indysteel, sounds like you had a good trip to Zion. We're going this coming weekend. We plan to do part of the traverse, drop at Wildcat and run down to the road at the Angel's Landing TH and then maybe up the east rim a bit, fatigue factor depending. One of these days I'd like to do the whole traverse, realistically as an overnight. I love running and hiking in Zion.

I am very, very glad that next week is an easy week for me. I've had three very big weekends. I am quite tired!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    indysteel, sounds like you had a good trip to Zion. We're going this coming weekend. We plan to do part of the traverse, drop at Wildcat and run down to the road at the Angel's Landing TH and then maybe up the east rim a bit, fatigue factor depending. One of these days I'd like to do the whole traverse, realistically as an overnight. I love running and hiking in Zion.

I am very, very glad that next week is an easy week for me. I've had three very big weekends. I am quite tired!
    Wow, Yellow! I had a hard enough time walking these trails! You're a stud. The WR trail was really muddy (the kind that will suck your shoes off) along Telephone Canyon and there was still a small bit of snow along one short stretch. Of course, that's liable to change with the coming week's weather.

But, boy, did we love Zion. It was a great trip.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

7.6 moderate miles yesterday 5*14 min run/1 min walk, longest run since the marathon and first on pavement (vs dirt) still having discomfort in my left glut/ham. My coach says I just have to be patient, buts its been almost 4 weeks now Followed-up with 16 mile recovery paced ride. Good thing I have 6 weeks still til the first tri of the season.

Just finished up my 200's workout.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

It's raining AGAIN. So it was back to the treadmill this morning, in an almost empty Y. Guess it was raining so hard that a lot of the regulars didn't want to leave their warm, dry homes... Started off with 5 miles at an 8:45ish pace, then cranked it up and did one mile in 7:30. That's my fastest mile yet!

Now it's stopped raining, and the temperature's dropped into the 40's. Wish I hadn't washed and put away all my warm bike gear last week...

Almost there, limewave! Hang in! You'll be AWESOME!

I raced the local 12k on Sunday, not my best race, but I was very consistent and it was pretty easy. 1:08ish. Last year I did 1:04. Next year I'll beat 1:00 I really should have pushed, but it was super crowded and I wasn't watching my watch very well. I always walk the second time with friends after jogging to catch up, so it's a 4 hour day for me all told. It'd be awesome if I had to at least run half the course the second time, if not almost the whole thing, but because there were so many people (over 56,000) my friends had not even started when I finished. I could probably run it twice and still catch up, but it'd make a 22 mile day instead of a 15 mile day

A pretty good picture,
    http://images20.brightroom.com/0/768...-3210-032f.jpg

Lovin my pirate arm warmers at the start,
    http://images20.brightroom.com/0/768...-1891-019f.jpg

Back to the grindstone... 2 months to Ironman.

Quote Originally Posted by colby View Post
    Love the VFFs!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

3.5 miles for me this morning, went out early to beat the rain which is expected. Still keeping the pace slow as I try to heal my hamstring. My coach says that all my runs should be recovery pace until I heal - which is so hard.

Didn't bring my ipod this morning to guarentee that I wouldn't get rained on and it worked