Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What I've accomplished while benched and semi-injured

To disable ads, please log-in.

Me Dec. 2 -- just days after busting my right wrist in 2 places and being completely benched for nearly 6 weeks by my orthopod. Those jeans were a pair of size 8s that I think were actually mis-labeled 10s (because they were markedly larger than every other pair I have of the same jeans in an 8).

Me tonight -- modeling a $17 size SIX dress I bought for a friend's bachelorette party (we're all wearing bridesmaid's dresses):

That's about a 15# change.

Who says one has to get fat while injured?! Diet, baby...it's at least 80% of weight loss.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Looking great Zoom! Is that BACON you are handing out? What a nice thing, I wish someone would do that for me when I am riding

You nailed it on the importance of diet in weight loss, research does show that diet is 80% of the process. Abs are made in the kitchen, not on the gym floor. Exercise is good for a lot of things but what goes in our mouth is far more important in this department.

What I've accomplished while benched and semi-injured

Yep, bacon hand-ups!!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Cool beans, zoom-zoom!! So many people get discouraged when they are injured, and just fall into couch potato-eat whatever I want mode.

Electra Townie 7D

Looking good, zoom!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Cool beans, zoom-zoom!! So many people get discouraged when they are injured, and just fall into couch potato-eat whatever I want mode.
    And they're missing a perfect opportunity to carry a calorie deficit without concerns of bonking. That was what had me gaining or maintaining for so long...bonking stinks!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

That's awesome, Zoom! You look great!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Thank you!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Hm, I think I have gained five pounds in my first week being benched. I blame the ice cream. And hubby bringing food to me in bed.

I'll try to follow in your footsteps this week! You look great - that dress is awesome!
    Thanks for the inspiration, especially considering the discouraged feeling I had while glancing in the mirror earlier today.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    Hm, I think I have gained five pounds in my first week being benched. I blame the ice cream. And hubby bringing food to me in bed.

I'll try to follow in your footsteps this week! You look great - that dress is awesome!
    Thanks for the inspiration, especially considering the discouraged feeling I had while glancing in the mirror earlier today.
    Thanks...don't think if this so much as time on the bench, but time that you can really watch what you eat and have a nice little calorie deficit without your workouts suffering!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Great Job!

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    And they're missing a perfect opportunity to carry a calorie deficit without concerns of bonking. That was what had me gaining or maintaining for so long...bonking stinks!
    So true! I learned so much about fueling my body during my year of injury/rehab too.

Really great job, Kirsten!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom