Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by LBTC View Post
    Hard to say which ones to leave out - we have hundreds of CDs to choose from!!!
    Rip them all. If you don't have enough room on your internal hard drive, storage is cheap, and you can locate your default iTunes library on an external drive.

Then create playlist(s) small enough to sync to your iPod. You can include "date last played" as a criterion so songs scroll off your iPod playlist once they've been played. And you can specifically size-limit a playlist and tell iTunes how to sort songs into it.

I've got a large portion of my own library ripped in duplicate at two different bit-rates: hi-res for archival purposes and streaming over the Squeezebox, and lower res for the iPod. But that is a PITA.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I can't remember the last time I used a mixer for anything but I've always admired the design of the KA mixer.
    I hope everyone got theirs in red . They should be red for proper zazz.
    Nahh, mine is black to match my appliances but the colored ones are snazzy! It is pretty funny this thread has turned into the KA Mixer fan club thread.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I hope everyone got theirs in red . They should be red for proper zazz.
    Not only did I get all my Kitchenaid appliances (and pots and pans and knives and utensils) in red, but I painted my kitchen to match:

Ooooh, me like!

My mixer is white like all my other appliances. I didn't pick the color, but he knew what would match every single other appliance. I buy white appliances so I can paint my kitchen whatever color I please. Plus, I have a really old Victorian house, so I can't go too modern or kitschy with color. IOW appliances are too modern for my house!

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Bravo NoNo! That is a really eye catching kitchen. Mine is a nice sage green, I love it but I got the mixer when I was still an apartment dweller so black is versatile.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    Ooooh, me like!

My mixer is white like all my other appliances. I didn't pick the color, but he knew what would match every single other appliance. I buy white appliances so I can paint my kitchen whatever color I please. Plus, I have a really old Victorian house, so I can't go too modern or kitschy with color. IOW appliances are too modern for my house!

Karen
    Ummmm, what are IOW appliances? Living in England I can only relate it to being Isle of Wight.

Cheers.

Clock
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    Bravo NoNo! That is a really eye catching kitchen. Mine is a nice sage green, I love it but I got the mixer when I was still an apartment dweller so black is versatile.
    I'm in an apartment (well renting in a 3 family house). I asked if I could paint, my landlord said yes. Then he saw the paint cans and had second thoughts, but it was too late by then! Because the kitchen flows into the dining/living room, I had to pick a color that would go with the red:

I don't fear color

IOW= in other words

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

I got a new Giro helmet, windbreaker and sleeveless jersey. Score!

Also a really nice digital picture frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    Well, I got something that I've wanted for more than 20 years, and when I told my mom what it was, she said dh should NEVER get me appliances for Christmas! It is a Kitchenaide stand mixer, and I was happy to get it! It is a luxury...a vacuum cleaner is a necessity, but a fancy stand mixer is a gift!
    I got a stand mixer last year. Yes, a most excellent gift. I love the how nicely it kneads the dough for cinnamon rolls.

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 12-31-2008 at 07:25 AM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I got a stand mixer last year. Yes, a most excellent gift. I love the how nicely it kneads the dough for cinnamon rolls.

Veronica
    Ahem....recipe?? Pretty please
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

That paint job looks fantastic!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by PinkBike View Post
    i've been either sick or injured continuously since thanksgiving. for christmas santa got me an ipod TOUCH. i had a shuffle years ago and never even used it. woah, this is no shuffle!

so now while i'm recovering from whatever is the crud-du-jour, i'm sitting here loading all my 70's CDs into my itunes while catching up on TE forums. got journey, queen and foreigner loaded, now where's that boston cd? how many best of the 70's do i HAVE??!!!

also watching the cardinals. they are losing. grrrrrr.

i want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride my bike.
    You are going to love that ipod Touch. I have one (purchased through Amazon and Audible's $100 off if you join for a year) It's about my 6th ipod and definitely my favorite. You can get lots of good advice from ilounge and there are some great books out there. Itunes is really easy and you can do lots of things with it. You can load anything, you just have to know how. Some people think that you are really limited with itunes, but you aren't. cds, mp3s, audiobooks, they all work. With the touch I purchased some apps like Yahtzee, Scrabble, Weather and a few others that are nice, and right now I'm downloading Mythbusters for my physics students. Just hook the ipod up to the TV and watch an episode. With a lot of restaurants and fast food places putting in WiFi, you can access the net and email on the road!

As for the Cardinals...That will teach them. They should have stayed here in St. Louis!
    Last edited by uforgot; 01-01-2009 at 05:00 AM.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Quote Originally Posted by uforgot View Post

As for the Cardinals...That will teach them. They should have stayed here in St. Louis!
    There something wrong w/professional sports franchises moving. The Colts should have never left Baltimore!!

I got SUCH a cool thing. My spouse made up a little coupon book of fun stuff for us to do during the next year, one coupon per month. Some of it is stuff we do, some is stuff we've talked about wanting to do but haven't gotten around to yet. He used pictures to depict each of the things---a hiking pic of the two of us at Mt. Rainier this past September for a day hike coupon; a pic of the Wooden Boat Center for a sailing coupon....that kind of stuff. He's just so cool.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks