Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 414 of 495 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

I love cobblers. We have a an older Italian man and his son who have a shop in town. It's just like the one my mom went to when I was a kid.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I once saw a remarkable documentary film about Italian cobblers who make ballet pointe shoes. (I learned some amazing things during my insomnia phase, but really, I don't miss it!)
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    I once saw a remarkable documentary film about Italian cobblers who make ballet pointe shoes. (I learned some amazing things during my insomnia phase, but really, I don't miss it!)
    I would love to see that. My old ballet teacher was a dance shoe maker, and I asked if he would teach me the trade, but he strongly discouraged me. I think it's hard to make a living cobbling.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Had a girls day out with my honey and my mom yesterday! We took mom for a spa pedicure, then we "did" lunch at a nice restaurant, then went shopping. This was moms first time out in her new wheelchair so we wanted to make it fun, she had a great time. I love my mom.

Electra Townie 7D

That's so nice, Pax. Glad you had a good day!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

That's terrific Pax. I wish I could get my mom out of the house for something other than doctor appointments.

Snap - I hear you. She is normally too tired from all those doctors appointment to do anything else.

Electra Townie 7D

What a wonderful day Pax

Dear GI Doc's office,
    It would have been really nice if you warned me off the seeds and nuts prior to today's exam. Apparently they are "persistant" in the GI track, so now I have the opportunity to repeat the prep and the exam.
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Dear GI Doc's office,
    It would have been really nice if you warned me off the seeds and nuts prior to today's exam. Apparently they are "persistant" in the GI track, so now I have the opportunity to repeat the prep and the exam.
    what you aren't a mind reader sometimes the people in the medical world...
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Dear sleep cycle:
    Can we please get back on track before Sunday? That would be awesome.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear BIL,
    The thanks I get for helping support your family for the past few years, is an email asking me to co-sign on a loan to fund the family's education? Could you at least acknowledge the fact that I've been sending DS (your DW) a check, monthly, and most recently bought a gift card at the local grocer. So you want to get a PhD?! You've had a scheme for things "working out" for as long as I've known you.

There will be no more blood out of this rock. For my DS, the monthly checks will continue, but I will never co-sign on a loan with you.
    Beth

Dear customer:
    The fact that you spent money here doesn't entitle you to come here AFTER CLOSING to complain about something, especially when that something is a result of your own ignorance. You're lucky C is so nice. Leave the man alone, though, please! (Also, your existence does not entitle you to discounts. FYI.)

Dear C:
    Sorry. I didn't want to deal with her. But some how she manages to seek you out anyway.

Dear T/Financial Aid:
    Took you long enough. Can I have my money now?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear "instructional team leader":

Yes, I am owning up to having screwed up a few times and have made a serious effort to be more organized this year. In spite of making that effort, or maybe because I've been hyper-conscious about it, after the last thing, I apparently messed up again. Given all that I should have just directly asked you to help out and check that student's records folder for me - that one you had told me to look up. I had a 14 hour day yesterday and at lunch I had students doing make-up labs and a lunch detention customer. It would have avoided a lot of unpleasantry. I didn't even have time to check my email between 8 and 11:30. But technically, you aren't my supervisor and I think you are overstepping your authority. Yes, I should have asked for help but you could have had the graciousness to offer instead of chewing me out.

I know you won't change and will be watching me for every little detail I may miss this year .... But I feel better for writing this.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Dear PI Parents,

Kudos to you for choosing to send your child to a school you believe is better than their home school. But part of what makes our school great is parent involvement. Not a single one of you came to Back to School Night last night. Thus keeping my percentage of PI parents who attend BTSN zero. It's a disturbing trend. Just sending your child to a better school is no guarantee they will be a better student.

I hope you attend your conferences.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com