Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: spin question

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by jae5 View Post
    Please help,
    I have been spinning for the last two years. I joined a new gym (the YMCA) and the teacher has us do position 3 seated! You NEVER do position 3 seated. The first time I stood up, but she told me to sit, now evey class since then she picks on me, to move my hands up to the very end (in position 3 seated, I am only 5'3)
    How do I let this teacher know that you don't do position 3 seated. She can't be a certified instructor.
    Help.....thank you
    Hello jae5,
    Instructors such as this irk me to no end. You are correct, she likely isn't certified or was certified many years ago and has interpreted things in her own way.

Here is a document you can print out and hand to her. It is from the spinning.com website. And remember, just because she tells you to sit down doesn't mean you have to. If she is instructing the students to perform unsafe moves, take it to her director. I wouldn't take her class any longer. I would look for another instructor that is certified.

Here you go:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Journey is the Reward.