Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fizik Vitesse

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey wavedancer-

I peeled my vitesse and made a b*tchin cutout! Now I need to re-attach the cover. How did your BF go about doing that? I was thinking that I could get some kind of adhesive from a store that sells upholstery supplies, but I'm not sure where to find one...

BTW- I'm taking photos as I go so if it works out, I'll put up a how-to on my blog.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

We used a contact cement. I've found that the gel is a little easier to work with, but any contact cement should work. Good luck and show us your pictures!

DAP Weldwood gel

Done!!! Click on the link in my sig. to go to my blog & see the photos!

Now I just have to ride it. For all I know, it could be worse than before

Brick House Blog

So much for that business opportunity!

This is Wavedancers DBF (Dopey Boy Friend?) Nice job on the cutout, Andrea. I did Linda's a bit differently, by just sanding a groove in the padding. It wasn't as thick as on your saddle. I've done three for myself and there are some pics in my new Cycling album at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/brian_nystrom-reg

Quote Originally Posted by wavedancer View Post
    This is Wavedancers DBF (Dopey Boy Friend?) Nice job on the cutout, Andrea. I did Linda's a bit differently, by just sanding a groove in the padding. It wasn't as thick as on your saddle. I've done three for myself and there are some pics in my new Cycling album at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/brian_nystrom-reg
    Very cool! I modeled my cutout after the one in the Selle Italia Lady SLR. Yours looks nice & smooth, though- definitely more of a "stock" look than mine.

Brick House Blog

I am interested to hear how your modified Vitesse works for you, Andrea!

For me, I think I just needed to stick with it for a few more rides. I've had two rides since I posted and no further problems. It also seems to depend partly on my shorts. The Shebeest SSS in small gave me trouble, the same shorts in medium caused no trouble at all (although they are a bit too big in the legs). I have one pair of Pearl Izumis that are fine, another with a different chamois that are awful. So I think I can stick with the Vitesse.

I am glad, because I bought a second one for my new Soma. I am going to try to ride a Brooks on that bike, and then the extra Vitesse will go on my mountain bike. (I currently ride a Selle Royal Viper on that one, which is shaped somewhat like the Vitesse but is too squishy. Otherwise it's a rather nice saddle.)

I went for a 4 hour ride on Sunday and found it to be pretty comfortable. The cutout edge caused a little irritation in the side-taint area like others have, but I'm wondering if a different chamois would alleviate that. I'm gonna give it a try for a while... I'll check back with a final verdict on another day!

Brick House Blog