Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 262 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by betagirl
    Did you lick it and get a buzz?

Is that a total urban legend?
    eeeewwwww!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

You mean the pics of the missing finger tip?
    Yes, but that wasn't the smilie I was going to associate with it. Maybe or or :face of pain: or :churning stomach:
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

I think it's not an urban legend, and no I didn't lick it, but I would if there was a reason to. I kiss them all the time. Maizey, too.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Calling Fishdoc

Ok, so in my shed, up on the highest shelf, there is a small pile of sawdust, with very tiny black droppings. I can't find _anything_ to tell me where the sawdust came from- but it's gotta be a roof joist. Any ideas? Carpenter bees? But would I see droppings? I'm not thinking termites- don't they live underground, so I wouldn't see signs up in the highest part of the building? Help!
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Do you guys find yourselves getting hooked on a song or 2 for a while and listening to it all the time?

I'm currently stuck on 2 sex pistols songs: God Save the Queen and Anarchy in the UK. Maybe I'm angry?
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

Do you guys find yourselves getting hooked on a song or 2 for a while and listening to it all the time?

I'm currently stuck on 2 sex pistols songs: God Save the Queen and Anarchy in the UK. Maybe I'm angry?

Is God Save the Queen an angry song?

I have music in my head almost always, and sometimes it doesn't make sense (slow music when i am riding my bike as fast as i can)

oh wait, you are just listening to this music?
    ha, my son used to do that and now he's a graduate of the music dept
    of the U of washington.
    my limit is cd's. i will listen to the same CD over and over again in the car
    but i am rarely in the car long enough to hear the whole thing.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    I think it's not an urban legend, and no I didn't lick it, but I would if there was a reason to. I kiss them all the time. Maizey, too.
    Oddly enough, I can see kissing just about any animal. But not licking them. OK. I would probably lick my cats. hmmmm...no. What's the deal with getting a buzz from licking a toad?
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I am at the second day of a 2 day conference. they have a complimentary espresso bar. I had 7 yesterday - 4 with caffeine and 3 decaf (of course after my usual homemade pot of espresso that I drink in the car in the morning). today I have an echo at 3 so I ordered decaf right off. The espresso bar woman just commented that I switched over to decaf really early today. I think its probably a bad sign when you develop a reputation amongst a group of hundreds of people after just one morning.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I am totally going back to law school. Complimentary espresso bar at the conferences? I'm in! Wait...I don't drink caffeine anymore, and, so far as I can tell, I don't want to practice law. Dang. It just sounds so...perfect.

Can you tell I'm jones'n for coffee? I am going to look for one of those Melitta cones that fit on top of a mug so I can make a cup of decaf once in awhile.

Why the ECHO, MP? And how are those pesky clots?

What's the conference about? Other than drinking espresso.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I've been soooo busy at work and had to go to Aberdeen (up in the North of Scotland) for 2 days so I haven't been on my bike for a week.....just in case anyone cares.

I hope it's a nice day tomorrow.
    If it's not one thing it's another

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby
    Is God Save the Queen an angry song?
    At least the Sex Pistols version is .

My current ineradicable song is "Slowhands" by Interpol. I wake up in the middle of night singing it in my head. No wonder I sleep badly.

Lise - don't go to law school. your job ROCKS!!! the echo is to see how the heart has improved ( I hope) from baseline at the hospital. the pulmonary artery pressure was elevated because heart trying to pump blood to lungs met up w/resistance of the clots. so hopefully it will be better 2 months later. they're doing it as a stress echo, which is good. maybe now's the time to tell the doctor about the marathon . (in my defense, she did say I could walk for exercise....)
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

At least the Sex Pistols version is

I didn't just start listening to the sex pistols, but recently downloaded their main album. It'd been a while though. Last time I heard their version of God Save the Queen was the karaoke scene in "Lost in Translation"

Got my front brake from the LBS. So that will be my project for the weekend. Not that it'll take me all weekend, but I really need to focus on school stuff this weekend. So I can't let my bikes talk me into being irresponsible.

Bruno - Bummer. Will you get some time to ride this weekend?
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois
    I am at the second day of a 2 day conference. they have a complimentary espresso bar. I had 7 yesterday - 4 with caffeine and 3 decaf (of course after my usual homemade pot of espresso that I drink in the car in the morning). today I have an echo at 3 so I ordered decaf right off. The espresso bar woman just commented that I switched over to decaf really early today. I think its probably a bad sign when you develop a reputation amongst a group of hundreds of people after just one morning.
    If I had that many espressos you'd have to tie me to the chair to keep me from bouncing off the walls.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Queen
    If I had that many espressos you'd have to tie me to the chair to keep me from bouncing off the walls.

I'm not saying it was pretty.
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio