Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 212 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    If you join the Trek Fan Club, you too can glean important personal information! Call now, with your credit card handy!

(Hi Trek, dear! send me those credit card numbers, ok?)

Hey, speaking of nice abs (not that we were, but I'm rather high on myself at the moment) I think my legs look particularly nice today. The big black numbers add a certain je n'sais quois. but actually, while I was admiring my numbers i just happened to notice that my legs are fiiiine. I should post a before pic from when I was around 200lbs. And an after pic of my lovely lustable legs. (and abs. mustn't forget the abs)

Yes, ladies, I am FULL of myself today!
    oooohh oooohhh!!! sign me up for the fan club!

and how did you go from abs to legs? so confused! but either way i'm proud of you. it reminded me of my new favorite body part, i notice when ever i shave. its the crease between my leg and my hip when i put my leg up on the ledge of the bathtub. since i started running and biking its gotten so slim and muscular, but i still love my a$$ too, it looks even better too.

nanci keep me updated on the Zero. i just got the damselfly in the mail to see if my butt likes that one, if it doesn't the zero is my next default to try.

sk glad to hear things are better with your dad.

just got an email about my dad. he's still in the hospital and they tried to give him some meds to calm him down to sleep and he had a BAD reaction to it. his whole body went stiff and started drooling. came out of it about 24 hrs later. they put on his chart not to give it to him again, but they did the next night and doubled the dose! no matter what the gave him they coudn't get him to come out of it. now two days later he's still having seizures from it. if i was back in wi i would've strangled a few people for that one!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy
    What does a girl do on a saturday night when the rest of the family is in nor cal??
    Why she steam cleans the great dane goobers off the carpet. Good times I say, GOOD times!!
    i have one of those drooling dog problems too (she has great dane in her and mastiff all the more fun!)

either have a cup of tea or a glass of wine. i always enjoy a good glass of wine when BF leaves me. actually i think it winds up being the whole bottle, not just a glass.....
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

chick, oh my gosh. What can I say? Is anyone staying with your dad? Have them make a sign with big red letters that says "no X medication". Something. Mistakes happens every day in every business but sometimes you have to be more watchful than others.

Is he lucid between the seizures?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

KnottedYet "(Hi Trek, dear! send me those credit card numbers, ok?)"

why? you'll spend it all on steel bikes.

SK, glad there was no brain involvement. T&P to your family.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

sk my stepmom (my mom died when i was 3 and my dad remarried when i was 6) is trying to stay with him as much as possible, but still has to get ready for school. (she's a 1 and 2 grade teacher)

i looked back at the email and the X med is called Haldol.
    (edit: i just looked up haldol and am amazed they were giving it to him. i guess to calm him down. he's gotten really bad alzheimers that seems to be getting worse, quick. he's uncontrollably loosing his mind)

its more of jerking then compete seizures thankfully, but still its scary.
    Last edited by chickwhorips; 08-19-2006 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    I musta missed something with the PMs and censored stuff. As usual, I'm in my usual state of confusion. 'sokay though. Had a wonderful ride today with my sweetie and my dad's MRI shows no brain involvement. Woohoo!

We still have to deal with what's going in his abdomen. The cancer was above the diaphragm before so who knows. But for the moment, I'm rejoicing.
    Well, so that's good news, right? Sortof? As good as can be?

Glad you had a good ride. Where'd you go???
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by chickwhorips
    and how did you go from abs to legs? so confused!
    I posted a pic a while back of my (clothed) saddle-bag free butt, but it was my abs that got rave reviews.

(quiet little me posting pics of my butt on the internet... geez!)

a nice butt, nice abs, nice legs progression. Like I warned everyone, I'm full of myself today.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy
    I've never joined in on TD, but here goes...

Well, it's about freakin' time!!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

you'll be unsufferable after you ace the tri
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Kitsune06 Guest
    Ok, Seriously, Knotted, the search for "Knotted's Butt" revealed no matches. I suppose all those who are just coming back to the forum from a longish hiatus (or are new!) will never get to see your butt (or abs!)
    It's good to be full of yourself!

speaking of hiatus... anyone know what became of Irulan?
    (Holy Hiatus, batman!) ... I hadda say it.

While I was on the phone with RM, I KILLED some roaches and fed them to the first toad to ever inhabit my yard!!! He loved eating their still-kicking little bodies!! Too bad I don't have a toad house. Previously, I captured him (later released) and tried to get him to sing on the phone for RM, but though he was vibrating in that way toads do, it must have been out of my hearing range...

Then I found a tiny anole asleep on the Mexican Petunias. While this might have been a perfect appetizer for Picky Snake, I left him asleep, since I love anoles as much as I love snakes.

I photographed both- but it was dark, so who knows.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois
    Well, so that's good news, right? Sortof? As good as can be?

Glad you had a good ride. Where'd you go???
    Oh yeah. Remember in Lance's book It's Not About the Bike when he talks about the brain lesions? Big time serious stuff when it goes across the brain/blood barrier. Not to mention, the fewer sites involved the better but as I understand it there are two basic things you do not want - opposite sides of the diaphram and in the brain.

Ride was just from Davis out and over Cantelow. Nothing really special just a quiet day with Bubba after a crappy week. I found out about Dad when I called my mom from the airport on Monday as I was leaving for Scottsdale.

The ride was a bit more adventurous than normal because we saw road constructions signs but didn't think anything of it. Half of California has road construction after the winter rains. It turned out that about 3/4 mile of road was ripped down to bare dirt and some gravel. No big deal except for the last eighth mile where they were actively grading and watering. After slipping sideways a few times (and being grateful for our mtbike skills), we walked. Looks cleats and mud -- not so good. And funny thing, Bill's Seven was not built for mud clearance between the tire and the seat tube. We'll have to register a complaint. Of course, the Mercian sailed through. I really like the makeover.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I don't have a real toad house, as real estate is so expensive here in the Bay Area I can't afford a second home. But on a "save the toads" specific site (forget the link, savetoads.com is NOT it) they showed how to make one out of a clay planter set at an angle.

Now, just need a toad to find it....

SK there are 3 things you don't want, third is metastesised (sp?) to the bone. Once my Dads got there we knew it would not be long. Gets in the blood....
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Man, hugs and love to everyone with family in medical straits right now. SK, CWR, SB, and anyone I missed!

You're all in my thoughts (when I'm not busy being full of myself)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

...or looking at your abs
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton