Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 204 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 17475

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm glad someone appreciates me!
    If it's not one thing it's another

what bruno? hu? why is everyone mumbling....

(seriously though hearing loss isn't funny.)
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by chickwhorips
    what bruno? hu? why is everyone mumbling....

(seriously though hearing loss isn't funny.)

Welcome aboard! I thought it was a cultural thing that had lost something in the translation. Had me worried there.

Yeah, I know it's not funny. My mum has really bad hearing loss from working in a factory to put me through university. She's a great woman - 75 and just got back on a bike after 50 years when she saw how happy my bike made me!

SHe still drives me crazy by not wearing her hearing aid though.
    If it's not one thing it's another

i may be slow, but i caught on to that one.

though i dont always catch on.... what am i doing again? what day is it? sleep? yes i do need that. so tired. can't go on.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

Mmmm, stroopwafels. Yes, you can buy them on eBay!

Snap, we just hired a batch of very cute smiley little girl techs where I work. Just yesterday, I was noticing one of them, who is _always_ cute and smiley and cheerful, and has pretty graceful hands that she gestures with, and a cute little voice...She wasn't irritating to me- but just so different...

One of them, I guess, got told by a nurse to pull up her pants. She rolls her scrub bottoms down, and then her thong underwear sticks out above it, and the new style for scrub tops is shorter (good for me- I don't look like I'm wearing a dress now) so apparently she was majorly flashing everyone when she'd reach up to adjust the x-ray tube...The nurse probably went home and stomped some teddy bears, too.

I think I hear the stroopwafels calling me!

Tonight we're having chicken alfredo and I will be tasting the Spanish Rose Temperanillo. It's 92 and sunny here at 6:18 PM.

CC- are those real wood floors in your house? I love the patio and backyard. Of course, I couldn't stand to be that close to other houses, so I would have to move it.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

nanci what are stroopwafels? i tried to get on ebay to look them up but that websight is now blocked.
    damn gov't trying to control me, and they think i'll work harder by blocking websights... ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    One of them, I guess, got told by a nurse to pull up her pants. She rolls her scrub bottoms down, and then her thong underwear sticks out above it, and the new style for scrub tops is shorter (good for me- I don't look like I'm wearing a dress now) so apparently she was majorly flashing everyone when she'd reach up to adjust the x-ray tube...
    Fer the love of....! Rolling down scrub bottoms? So wrong. So very, very wrong. It's one of the things I love about being at the hospital--I get to work in big ol' pyjama-like scrubs. Nothing sexy about them. Never should be!

Isn't carbo-loading really a life style? I think crackers make a perfectly good dinner.

Nanci, how are the torts doing? Dill? Milly? Any news on Maisy's gender?
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I was supposed to feel up Maizey tonight to see if I thought she might have eggs. No official gender yet. She's to try a rat pinkie Friday night, live...

Torts are good. Buttercup just disappeared on me, causing a minor heart attack, while I was testing the newly-arrived Terry Zero X, less-padded 2005 model, in my PJs. Yes, out on the road...

First impression- it's harder than a frickin' rock!! MP, you must have an older one...How do you stand it? It's like a Brooks! Ok, whoever said that you can tell the perfect saddle when you sit on it and it "disappears" was a freaking genius. The Blackwell Flow- you sit on it, it's cushy and nice, but after 40 miles or so,...I don't know, just not so comfortable. Cut out is nice. Vitesse, the current and historical fav, I sit on it, it disappears. After 250 miles or so, it reappears. But do they all??? Terry Zero X 2005- immediate pressure on all pelvic bones. Sit bones, ok, I can deal with that. The more forward part of the ischiums- um, I don't think I should be feeling pressure there. Cut-out- nice, girly bits are happy. I don't know...Why am I even cheating on Vitesse, after many happy years together??? I am turning into a man. I will take Zero X 2005 on a couple rides to be sure. So should I try the 2006??? I can't afford to test them side-by-side. The styling is beautiful. It weighs nothing. It's just ever so slightly more narrow than the Vitesse. It's hard to mount on my seat post, though, the rails are very close together. It wants to be nose down- I want it slightly nose up. We compromised with level...for now. Why does it have to be so difficult? You buy a set of tires, even if you don't especially love them, they are all right till the next set. Same with a seat post. Same with wheels. I guess it deserves a fair test with bike shorts, not PJs...

Rose Temperanillo- surprisingly dry and very acidic. Tastes like tomatoes, apples, grassy, oniony, maybe very sour grapefruit. I like it. I almost really like it.

Dill is fine. Milly is losing all his feathers, it seems like. I love my Dyson, that's all I can say.

CWR- just don't ever try a stroopwafel. It's like crack. All I do all day is think about them, and try to resist. That's what I'm doing right now. Holy cr*p- I wonder how they compare to the, what are those cookies that everyone is always going on about from Australia...TimTams. I would sell my child for her weight in stroopwafels.

Um, that wasn't the end of my drift, but stroopwafels threw me off.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

The whole hearing loss bit reminded me of that hilarious post from Slinkedog at easter earlier this year.

easter bunny dilemma

You know how sometimes something just strikes you as really funny? I think this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
    Keep calm and carry on...

stroopwafels and timtams all these funny names.

must admit the stroopwafels do look like they could be addicting. are they crunchy?

tim tams i looked those up, are they chewy? seems to be addicting also.

with no sunshine for 2 months all i'm doing right now is craving sweets, not good.

I was supposed to feel up Maizey tonight to see if I thought she might have eggs. No official gender yet. She's to try a rat pinkie Friday night, live...

Torts are good.
    What's a Tort?? I have a tortoiseshell cat. is that what it is?

are there ANY saddles that you can't feel after 250 miles? come on, you need NOVACAINE for that.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerz
    The whole hearing loss bit reminded me of that hilarious post from Slinkedog at easter earlier this year.

easter bunny dilemma

You know how sometimes somethign just strikes you as really funny? I think this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
    And, just to show you how sick *I* am, I thought the squashed rabbit with the scattered, smashed colored eggs was hilarious.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Lise
    And, just to show you how sick *I* am, I thought the squashed rabbit with the scattered, smashed colored eggs was hilarious.
    Yep - you're right - that was really funny too!
    Keep calm and carry on...

Stroopwafels are more chewy and gooey.

My four food groups:

Crunchy
    Salty
    Sweet
    Caffeine/Alcohol, depending on time of day

CWR, Tort is a desert tortoise. I have two. They were released from a vet med school research project on maternal herpes virus antibodies- (major cause of upper respiratory infection/death in tortoises) they are three years old and originally from Las Vegas, from a captive breeding colony, and may never be released. Euthanasia or adoption was their only fate. They are named Koko (the brave, good one) and Buttercup (the non-compliant runawayer pantswetter one.)

So far tonight I have eaten three stroopwafels. now I have to go rob some houses to pay for more. (Just kidding!) (Kind of!!)

Why am I even cheating on Vitesse, after many happy years together??? I am turning into a man.
    Thank you, Nanci--you made me snorfel into my water ONCE AGAIN.

KY and Fish and others, my mom is having a rough go. Will spare you guys the details, but it's pretty dicey right now. I've been here two weeks. Will go home to Seattle just for the weekend while my sister from Georgia comes up, and then will come back Monday until things settle down. And WHAT TREAT DO I HAVE IN SEATTLE THIS WEEKEND? Well, yeah, we'll go for a long tandem ride on Sunday, sure. But Saturday morning we are meeting with our contractor to discuss the possibility of terminating our contract with him, not because he doesn't do good work but because we are at the bottom of his priority list and weeks are going by while his crews are elsewhere. I think he's just plain overcommitted. So how fun will that be? I'm in the Stress Bowl-a-rama of Life here just at the moment, and if anyone knows the directions to the nearest supersized vat of valium, kindly send those along.

In the meantime, you guys DO look at the Peeps Research website, I hope? This is my favorite, since it has value for future NASA activity and all: http://www.peepresearch.org/vacuum.html