Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 158 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 581081481541551561571581591601611621682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

MP-- I had a funny moment there, when you addressed a post to "Chick" (ChickWhoRips, of course). My Mom's nickname for me is "Chickadee", and she still calls me "Chick" sometimes! I thought, "hwangh?" (phonetic rendering)

Nanci, I keep meaning to tell you that I've worn nothing but the Shimano sandals since the weather warmed up around here! I have an oval tan patch on the tops of my feet! I love them. My toes go just as numb--no more, no less--as they do with any other shoes, so no big deal. They are not always the easiest to get clipped in with, but they clip out with no problem. Thanks again for helping me find them.

fish--the baby's registering for school? Wow. A big day for you all.

My 45 minutes of running with my buddy from school turned into 2 hours of some running, a lot of walking, a lot of talking. Good to get caught up. I'm going to shower and go to bed. I'd love to do a long ride tomorrow before it gets blazingly hot again. 90 degrees here at 10:34 pm.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I ended up dragging Bleu the Bike to the LBS. I could not get the rear wheel to spin! I printed up stuff from the Park website, I cozied up to Sheldon Brown. Totally clueless, my new middle name.

Walk into the shop, tell the guy what's going on. Four minutes later, my wheel is spinning away. The good news is, I now understand how to adjust the cable, and how to adjust the spring tensioner screws. I need visual aids to learn!

I almost forgot - was it in this thread that Jesus Christ Superstar was being discussed? I'm going to go see it next week - City Lights is putting it on. It's getting good reviews, I'm very excited. I've only seen the movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    I almost forgot - was it in this thread that Jesus Christ Superstar was being discussed? I'm going to go see it next week - City Lights is putting it on. It's getting good reviews, I'm very excited. I've only seen the movie version.
    Yep, it was here. (Where else but TD?) I listened to the soundtrack this weekend, and had the songs playing in my head. Have a great time--it's definitely my favorite of the ALW "rock operas". The movie is burned in my memory. I saw it on stage with Carl Anderson as Judas. Ted Neely did not perform that night, at the last minute. His understudy was very good, but he was not...Ted Neely as Jesus in JCS. I kind of felt like Carl Anderson was sneaking around and seeing someone else behind Ted's back by singing with the understudy that way!

Congrats on getting Bleu back in working order. I'm a really visual learner, too. You'll never forget that lesson. Happy trails.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

shopping

I went Cd shopping...I shouldn't have but i did...I bought

Nirvana-MTV Unplugged (hey mtv started 25yrs ago today), tina turner-all the best, billy joel-12 nights.

We're not going to the billy joel concert-(is it just me or am i getting older)-ticket prices are wayyyyyy too expensive...! It's $120AUD for a good ticket...
    (it's not sold out yet though...so we may still think about it.)

I did it again this morning-set my alarm but forgot to turn it on. I was lying in bed worrying about the time & when i looked at my clock it was 6:20am...I was supposed to have woke up at 445am to go for a ride...(i start work at 730..)

Hey MP/snap...did you track down any Tim Tams....(I've started something-let the bikkie takeover commence)

good night kids...have a good day
    c

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    I used a dremel tool nail trimmer on all my dogs- it's great. You can get them _so_ short. (Cut that broken one off before she rips it off and causes worse trouble!!) Ok, so get a jar of Qwik Stop powder for when you go too short, then get the dremel tool, and take them down till you can barely see the quick- you should be able to stop before you actually hit it, but if you do, no real damage done, and you can stop the bleeding with the Qwik Stop.
    i have some quick stop powder. i ordered up a dremel, gotta love ebay. once i get it i'll be asking for advice on how to use it. she got off that nail before i could get to her, but seems to be doing just fine. wasn't licking at it at all last night.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois
    Chick - I have no helpful information on the dog nail thing (and I think Nanci's already helped) but I have to weigh in on this - OMG what an AMAZING dog combo!!!! That sounds like my DREAM dog!! I had a rottie for 10 years (my soulmate) and always wanted a mastiff.

Have you got a picture???
    she is my little dream dog. couldn't ask for her to have a better personality. though she does think shes a lap dog. here's a pic of her and her sister kiska (she's mexican. was found on a couch down on mexico half dying as a puppy and came to live a VERY good life.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	528867171_l.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	1146  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Dogs!!!

Oh! Excellent photos! Thanks!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

When we were kids we had a Mastiff-Great Dane-St Bernard mix (he was BIG!) - he was a big, big, wonderful dog - named (of course!) Duke. Thanks for the pics!
    Keep calm and carry on...

glad i could share my two bundles of joy with you girls, but don't let their innocent faces fool you.....
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I have some Sugois and some Castellis, both of which have held up well for century rides.

The Castellis feel better on my legs and wick better, but have less padding. However, it is in all the right places.

The Sugois are a good all around short and have a thicker pad.

Right now, I'm thinking the castellis and I'll throw a pair of Sugois in my banana bag. Or maybe vice versa.

My wonderful LGs are now too big and gave me chafing last Wed. Who'd have thought a few lost pounds could make such a difference.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I finally went all the way...

...south on the lake front path, that is! The temp is 98F as I write, but, well, it's my day off. What'r'ya gonna do? I left at 8AM with a bottle of Gatorade Endurance (into which I add some salt), a bottle of water, and a 32 oz Camelbak with ice and water. Stopped a few times to fiddle with my saddle, but once I got that on straight, I was off. Stopped once to pee, once to take off my socks (an experiment--hate it). Rode down as far as the path goes, and turned around. Along the way I ate some Cliff Blocks, and sport beans.

The view of Chicago from the south lake front is the most beautiful cityscape I've ever seen. I love my city. I'm sure NY'ers feel the same about taking the ferry over from NJ. My heart just swells to see it.

I wanted to get a swim in, too, so I rode with my bathing suit on over my bra, and the Sugoi shorts over that. It's so freaking hot here that there was no way I was carrying the wetsuit for the ride. Swam maybe 1/3 of a mile, and ended up climbing out of the water. The water felt great on my hot, tired muscles. But by the end, I just wanted to doze off, a little snooze...whoa! Now I know why the swim comes first in a tri! No sleeping in the water! Walked back to the bike, ate a Maya bar, rode up to North Ave, bought a mango-passion fruit smoothie, endured major brain freeze, poured said smoothie into Polar bottle , and rode on home.

Cold shower, traumeel to the forearms, icing the R one now. Ate left over Hunan Shrimp and Scallops (shared with Isaac the cat), and now...to bed, perchance to nap. For sure to nap!

35 miles on the bike--no big for the likes of MP, SK, and V, but a big deal for me. Went all out most of the way, in the aero bars a lot. I'm considering wearing the Shimano sandals for the tri; my feet were so hot in my bike shoes. Let us all pray that it's at least 10 degrees cooler on August 20! L.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Lise

35 miles on the bike--no big for the likes of MP, SK, and V, but a big deal for me. Went all out most of the way, in the aero bars a lot.
    Do you hear any of us talk about doing tris? If only they would take that running part out.

V.

PS Felt like crap yesterday on the bike. I managed a whooping ten miles, just so I could have a 700 mile month. The things we do for round numbers...
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Hey, I do tris!!! OK, only the bike leg.

I hate running and real swimming. Real being anything other than just to cool off when I have to go to Scottsdale in the summer. I'd rather wade and row fearsome currents in pursuit of the wily trout.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    I envy you chick! How did you ever end up way out there?
    met a great man back in phx. when he moved i was sad. then one day i decided i needed to be with him for the rest of my life and a month later i was here. he got a job with the national weather service up here, i was just the one that followed him. i still want to know how much money was lost on bets of how long i would last up here from the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    Chick, those guys look like mischief makers to me! Very cute!
    oh yes that they are. they know how to work the sad sad puppy look very well and they figured out i fall for it quite easily. i'm trained very well.

lise - sounds like you had fun. good job! can't believe you were out in that heat. ack!