Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 112 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 12621021081091101111121131141151161221622126121112 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Gay or straight; if they are Australian that's it!
    (purposely ambiguous)

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420
    That's ok Snap, remember the old saying "you catch more Gay boys with honey than with vinegar"
    The problem is...there you are...all this honey...and they're still looking at pictures of the Thorpedo on the internet... (where is the danged sighing icon?)

We go to TD to complain because we think it's our secret clubhouse. The 16K+ hits, of course, suggest otherwise... It *is* a good thing there wasn't an awl handy, though.

Earlier I was complaining to a friend who lives in Florida. Just generalized self-pity, you understand. She said, "Do you want me to mail you the knife so you can cut your wrists?" With this sort of tone: I said, "No, go online and order me the "General Suicide Kit" from amazon.com, so I can make my decision as to method when it gets here." It is gooood to have friends who laugh at me! Who get me to laugh at myself! And no, nothing in particular is wrong. It was just a moment of whining!

MP--do you use the word "eyeball" a lot around your house?
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

So what does PP say about us folks who have extended-wear eyeballs?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Speaking of extended wear eyeballs...I renewed my driver's license yesterday. The lady was going over the facts...height...weight...organ donation...no change there..."you wear contacts..."

No.

No?

I had Lasik.

When?

Last April.

She writes on the new application: Driver had Lasik surgery last April.

I was disappointed to see that didn't actually appear on the license!

It is so good to have a picture that looks more like me now. My old picture was from when my hair was about 2" long. I swear I thought I was smiling when they took the picture. In fact, I looked grim and intense, as if someone had said, "Ms. H, there's a bomb in the building. As soon as we take your picture, you must find and diffuse it." YIKES! New picture is of a smiling woman with long blonde hair. Looks, oh, I don't know...Happy?!?
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

New drift.

I went to a new dentist today. My, how modern things have become (I had been with my old dentist since I was....oh probably 20) No paperwork, it was all on a PC Tablet (I want one of those!) She had this really nifty little camera, took pictures of my teeth to show me where I need replacement fillings. Best of all - she uses a Waterlase instead of a drill! Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lise

MP--do you use the word "eyeball" a lot around your house?

I was using it a lot a couple of days ago - I don't recall the context. It really bugged the PP so I used it more.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    Best of all - she uses a Waterlase instead of a drill! Woo hoo!
    No WAY! What is this fabulous new non-drill technology of which you speak???

Signed,

Really Hates The Drill
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

No WAY! What is this fabulous new non-drill technology of which you speak???

Signed,

Really Hates The Drill
    http://www.waterlase.com/

Haven't experienced it first hand yet - in a two weeks I'm getting a couple old fillings replaced.

goes off to floss

Lise "The problem is...there you are...all this honey.."

well then...just dip me in honey and throw me to....uhm...the Australians ....sighing icon.

the water pick is good, does sting a little but not the sound and all the angst of drilling.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Ack! Y'all have been drifting a good bit today! I haven't had a chance to check in until now. Let's see if I can catch up...

Half naked men - woohoo! Very niiiccceee! Probably gay - it figures. Rubbing the bald head, "came my way", oh my!

Knotted - great job on holding your composure in the meeting! Cool on the mantra thing

Um, what else.

Oh yeah. The Capitalize Every Sentence thread. That was really tough to read. Glad I wasn't the only one it drove crazy. Awl through the eyeball - good description. I felt like my eyes were going to fall out of my head!

Waterlase - I must know more and then move to civilization where they have this technology. I have major fear of the dentist. I haven't been in too many years because I'm terrified of the drill. I've only ever had one cavity and that was as a kid. So the fear is unfounded, but real none-the-less.

Lise - great job on the workout today! How hot/humid is it up there now? Very cool on the license! And - I agree that this does feel like our very own clubhouse, even though there are lots of people looking. Hello out there

I think that catches me up. Now I'm going to bed and I'll catch up again in the AM.
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois
    To make you want to stick an awl into your eyeball.

When I use the word "eyeball", it really bugs the PetitePois...

ROTFLMAO.... Of course I just had a couple of shmirnoff ice so that helps too...

I had Lasik.

Lise - I want to get lasik - are you happy with it? How bad were your eyes to start with? My kids really don't want me to do it - they think I look scary without glasses - I just want to be able to wear real sunglasses again...

I used to look way cuter without glasses, now that I'm old, I don't think it helps any more...

barb

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois
    To make you want to stick an awl into your eyeball.

When I use the word "eyeball", it really bugs the PetitePois...
    Boy, MP got the answer right on this one. I couldn't read it; it hurt too much.

I love swimmer bodies.
    Last edited by salsabike; 07-12-2006 at 08:46 PM. Reason: um...i had more to say

kg, my vision was really bad pre-Lasik. Legally blind. I've worn glasses since age 7, contacts since 14. I was reluctant to fiddle with something that I could at least correct with lenses. Becoming an triathlete pushed me to it--it's such a p.i.t.a. to swim with corrective lenses. Also starting to date again. At what point do I take out my contacts? Can't really kiss with glasses on. Can't really see partner without glasses.

Lasik was very scary, but absolutely worth it. I broke up with the guy I'd been seeing for 7 months the week I had the Lasik done. He pretty much initiated it, but I pushed it over the cliff ("yeah, actually, this *is* a break up talk..."). Friends later teased me that once I got a good look at him, I said, " " and got out! It was expensive (~ $4K), but I figure I would spend that much on glasses and contacts in 7 years, anyway.

I'm on call, no one has paged me (knock wood), but I keep waking up to look at the clock. I was dreaming that all these men were posting on TE; they were from the TdF peloton, just passing through. I'm not watching it at all--I have crap cable--but I'm reading the Postal Bus book Nanci sent me. Chicago has some little areas of street in which the bricks were never paved over. I rode on one of those today for about a block. Made me think of the races on cobbled streets he writes about.

Back to bed, perchance to sleep.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I finished the new Stephen King Book, Cell, last night and had related nightmares.

I am not the friend in Florida who wanted to send Lise a knife.

Lise, when you have Lasik, the reward you get is not having a restriction on your DL! (I wore glasses since sixth grade, then soft contacts the second they were invented, and had Lasik when I moved to Florida, like 1999?). It was the first DL I had in my life that didn't have the glasses/contacts restriction.

Don't buy that Postal Bus book, BTW. It really sucks. I mean, it's better than _no_ TDF book, but just barely.

I have a new one coming in the mail, though, form the Driving School Shopping Spree.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson