Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling, triathlon & fitness apparel.

SE Rides for 2012

To disable ads, please log-in.

I want to try and get to several rides around the SE this year. GA, SC, and NC. Hopefully, to culminate in that 'little' ride that takes place in Dalonega, GA. Training for that is difficult since I live 13 feet above sea-level, and that takes place along some of the same routes as the Tour de Georgia (May not be getting the names right). If I feel I can't do it safely, then I won't. But it's not until late September, so plenty of time.

Thought it would be fun to get a thread going that covers everyone's plans. Training and traveling to these things alone is a little un-motivating.

But one at a time, and I'll see how it goes. I planned out a whole bunch of rides to train for, but the list is at work (and I'm off 'til Monday), so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has any plans yet for this year.

My first should be on Feb 25, a metric century in GA. I forget the name, it's on Active.com though. I think there are shorter options. But it does look like I should be physically ready if everything keeps going well.

Anyone else have ideas/goals/aspirations for this year?
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Blood Sweat and Gears in June

Maybe, Maybe - Beach 2 Battleship either as an aquabike or in a relay team
    There's still so much to be done... -- JB

Three State Three Mountain Challenge in Chattanooga, TN in May?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Cool!

Where is the Blood Sweat and Gears Blue?

The 3 stater sounds nice. I think I read about it.

Watch this video.
    I've been dreaming about doing the 3 gap for a couple of years now. Even it is supposed to be brutal. The video from a couple of years ago featured a younger woman who did the 50. She finished in five hours. And it was a good time.

Cripes.

Battswebb

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Where is the Blood Sweat and Gears Blue?
    Valle Crucis, NC

Here is the website - but it's not updated for this year yet (ride date is 6/23). I've emailed the ride director, and registration opens at midnight 2/1/2012. It will probably sell out quickly - it did last year!
    There's still so much to be done... -- JB

Oh, interesting! I think I remember the name of that one, now that I think about it. Hmmm. Sounds,...challenging

Such a beautiful area.

Battswebb

I just registered for the Fletcher Flyer it is south of Asheville, NC on June 3 and will register for the Burnsville Metric held on the last Saturday of April as soon as registration opens. Tried to register for Blood, Sweat and Gears but didn't make it before it filled up.

I rode this last year. Very well run, great SAG stops and food at the end and this year's jersey looks great.

http://www.jacksonbrevet.com/

Although not until November, I'll be doing this ride, Miami to Key West, along with co-workers.

http://thesmartride.org/