Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Congrats Pika and Mike on your race! Well done. I have a lot of admiration for people who can train and race in hot weather like that, I wouldn't be able to go very far.

Rest well!

What Grog said.

You guys are absolutely amazing. Hot and windy saps my strength even when I'm fueled. Congratulations to the both of you!!

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

Pika, that's a great report--thanks. And congratulations again to both of you. It sounded pretty brutal out there.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Congratulations! I'm hoping to do IMC next year, and hope that I can have as positive an attitude during the event as you did. It's inspirational!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Congrats to you two!! Sounds like it was a rough day out there- but you changed your attitude and saw the difficulties as an opportunity to hang out with your husband and enjoy the day. LOVE that!!!
    Congrats on another IM finish! Very impressive indeed!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Pika, congrats! I thought about you on race day, though I wasn't able to check in here. I REALLY REALLY wanted to volunteer but had a competing commitment.

It was a WARM day and is a challenging course. Running out of water would devastate me, I depend on the water to cool me off and keep sipping at every aid station. It was awesome of you to pull him through and finish together, sometimes we all need an Iron Angel and how convenient that you were his

Love the pictures, and congrats again on the finish to both of you.