Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question Schwinn Fastback Comp

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does anyone know anything about this bike? I recently started doing triathlons....I am terrible, but I am GOING to get better. Anyway, I have been riding my Schwinn hybrid, which I love to do the triathlons, just to see if I would like to do them, before I bought a new bike. I am to the point where I am ready to invest in a road bike.

I have done a fair bit of research as to what $1000 will get me. I test rode the Schwinn all weekend, and it felt ok, but not great. I am not sure if it's just because I am not used to riding a road bike. There was a lot of pressure on my hands. I would think gloves would help. The bike shop is making some adjustments, and I am going to try again on Wednesday.

SOOO, my questions are , does anyone know about this bike, and are there any bikes in the $1000 price range that would be a good road bike, with an occasional (5-6 per year) triathlon thrown in? BTW, I love this site, and have gotten lots of tips already! Please help!!

I got a Bianchi eros donna for my first road bike. I am short and had to get the smallest frame, but man I love that bike. It's in your price range too!

Thanks Barb...I will check into it! Anyone else with suggestion in my range?