Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

New Zealand Elite Senior & U23 TT & RR Nationals

Hi all

Just a heads up - this weekend my club is hosting the Elite Nationals.

Personally I am looking forward to the Womens TT on Friday... Alison Shanks is competing in both races and going on recent form she will be one to watch. However, that being said - although she won in 2007, one of the other women had a flat and who knows what times would have been like??

TimeTrial starts at 2pm on Friday

Womens Road Race starts at 8:30am on Sunday

Mens various races start at 12:30pm

(The women have it good on Sunday - if it is a typical Hawkes Bay January day on Sunday, the temperature will be 32-35'C and the tar sticky from about 11:30am.)

Locals (from my region) who will be competing include Westley Gough, a member of the 2006 silver medal and 2005 gold medal winning junior track team pursuit team, Jeremy Vennell, a professional rider based in Europe, Glen Chadwick the 2007 Elite National Individual Time Trial Champions and also a professional rider based in Europe are among current members. We also have another world champ in the club - Jeremy Yates.

Our riders have ECNI beside their names - there are only two women from our club riding - Bridget and Stef.

My partner rode with Vennell and Chadwick this last Saturday in the club race...

Any hoo, if you are interested in following this, all details are here, down the left hand side under "Elite Nationals":

http://www.ramblers.co.nz

Newsletters... course maps... rider start lists... "live" updates on the websites blog.

My partner says Sky will also be offering some TV coverage (though not live) and I hope TV 1 and 2 both deign to cover the event in the news.
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 01-07-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".