PDA

View Full Version : My new Aegis!

emily_in_nc
03-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Just had to show y'all a photo of my sweet new ride, a 46 cm Aegis Swift:

http://home.earthlink.net/~emilys7/cycling/aegis.JPG

I bought the frame and fork for a fabulous price on eBay, then had my LBS build the bike for me with components I'd researched and chosen myself. I put Campy Chorus on it, and an FSA carbon pro compact double crankset. I found the handlebar tape online and can't believe how well it matches the frame!

It certainly wasn't inexpensive, but it's a lovely bike. Fully equipped with seatbag, pedals, etc, it weighs in at 18.5 lbs. After riding a 23 lb. Terry, this makes a difference, since I'm a little gal (5'2" and 105 lbs).

I'm not worthy of this bike yet, but this is the year I plan to become worthy!

Just had to share - I'm very excited! I'm taking her out for our second ride tomorrow. :)

Emily

jobob
03-06-2004, 07:49 PM
wow, it's lovely! enjoy :)

Veronica
03-07-2004, 04:00 AM
Very pretty! Hvae you picked a name yet?

Veronica

emily_in_nc
03-07-2004, 05:56 AM
Re. names: I'm starting out calling her the "Raspberry Rambler". If I get fast enough, I'll modify that slightly to "Raspberry Racer"! ;)

Heading out for a 30-35 miler in about 30 minutes. I can't wait! Looks like it'll be about 58 degrees at the start, 60+ by the end, with sunshine. Gotta love early springtime!

Hoping for good riding weather for everyone else too....

pedalfaster
03-07-2004, 01:36 PM
whoa...gorgeous bike! enjoy :)

melissam
03-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Emily,

Congrats! I've heard some very good things about Aegis bikes, and yours is such a unique color to boot!

So....how did the ride go? Details, we NEED details!!!! :)

-- Melissa

Kathi
03-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Emily,
Your Aegis is beautiful! It looks like mine except I have a blueberry fade with the lupine.
The more you ride it the more you will appreciate it!
Enjoy!

sno4rent
03-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Beautiful bike!!! When you get going REALLY fast, you'll have to shorten the name... Maybe "R-squared" or "Double R" or "R-2". :p

~ Wendi

Dogmama
03-11-2004, 10:15 AM
You'll love your C-Chorus. I've had mine for almost nine years. It's smooth and accurate. Plus, when you coast, it whispers "Campagnolo, campagnolo.."

emily_in_nc
03-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Thanks for all the positive feedback! I am just loving this bike. I can't wait until it stays light late enough that I can ride after work as well as on the weekends (right now I ride my Terry on a trainer a couple evenings a week). Looks like great weather for a ride or two this weekend, so I plan to make the most of it!

Emily