PDA

View Full Version : Ride Report

limewave
09-05-2006, 04:13 AM
I was finally able to dust off my Trek Fuel for a ride this weekend. We did a 12 mile, technical single track. There are four bridges: one made of rickety logs; the second is narrow and angles up and to the right coming off a steep and rutty down-hill and then, mid-river angles back to the left and down (scary); the third bridge, again, narrow and follows a sticky sand pit; the last bridge tilts at about a 15-20 degree angle. And I rode all four bridges for the first time ever! Granted, I did stop at the second bridge to give myself a pep-talk first, but I still made it. I was also able to practice hopping over some fallen-logs. I only fell about a half-dozen times with no injuries to report. I had such a good time. I'm making a vow to get on the trail once a week until they are buried in snow.

bouncybouncy
09-05-2006, 05:50 AM
I am cringing....it has been so wet here lately I am only envisioning WET/SLIPPERY bridges!!! AAACCKKKK...my nemisis!!!

That attacking of the fear within is what it is all about sometimes! I look back at some of the things I once walked, then stuttered over, now clear without a flinch...I love it!!!

For me right now it is 2 steps forward, 1 step back (I am at that step back stage) it all makes it the more challenging and rewarding!!!

woooohooooo.....

fatbottomedgurl
09-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Well we're back in the 100's so too blasted hot unless it's early. Started a ride yesterday at 8:00 and .5 mile into the ride snapped my 22 tooth gear in the cassette. (Don't ask me how, I was going downhill :confused: ). The guys teased me about my powerful legs. I was able to continue riding but after a few miles told my friends it was too hot and I was too distracted knowing that if I shifted up too much I was going to hit that hole. Ordered a new cassette and chain when I got home.

rocknrollgirl
09-05-2006, 12:24 PM
I hate bridges, there I said it...I HATE BRIDGES, in my car, on my bike...hate them..... Good for you for getting across.

I did just shy of 20 yesterday with the speedy guys, DH included. We had post Ernesto blow down syndrome. It was like cyclocross in the woods. Anyway those boys kicked my butt as ususal.

Funny story,
I was struggling to get Bob(my 31.5 pound all mountain bike) over a nasty, tangled blowdown and a guy came trail running in the other direction. He had already passed 3 of the guys I was riding with. He made some silly flirty remarks and as I was fighting the branches he leaned in to help me across.

I looked at him right in the eye and said, Do Not Help Me....if you help me, those guys will not let me ride with them any more, they will think I am a girl.

I was cracking up and he looked at me like I was a nut. When I caught up with the boys, they thought it was a riot....

Silly men.....