PDA

View Full Version : October ride!

HipGnosis6
09-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Speaking of planning ahead....

I can't make September 16th, even if my wheel gets fixed by then. I have a broken knuckle and can't safely grip my brakes for a couple more weeks, so I accidentally nominated myself to coordinate the October ride!

I'm going to take a cue from the Sept. ride and set a date for y'all, since it won't be perfect for anybody. Let's stick with the 3rd Saturday of the month (that's Oct. 21), and also stick to bike trails. I want to pick something different than the month before, so I'll put out a couple of options:

We could ride the Magnolia Loop. It has a long slow climb followed by one REALLY steep hill (I've had to push my bike up this every time!) followed by an extremely beautiful and fun downhill stretch around the bluff. It might be a little rough for some of us, including me. I've gotten out of shape since I stopped commuting in December.

We could meet up in Renton and ride on the Green River Trail. I haven't done it yet, but I understand it's relatively flat and quite nice. I hear there's lots of stop-offs and Renton and Tukwila have some great shopping.

Which of these rides would you ladies like to do?

KnottedYet
09-04-2006, 08:53 AM
I can't make Oct 21. Waaaaaaah! :(

HipGnosis6
09-04-2006, 09:01 AM
I can't make Oct 21. Waaaaaaah! :(

I knew that selecting a date arbitrarily would mean that somebody couldn't make it - don't think of it as that one day, though. Think of it as the 3rd Saturday of the month, and then you can plan for that EVERY month. :)

mimitabby
09-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I am probably available that day!

mimi

salsabike
09-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Barring the unforeseen, I should be able to make it too. Either ride will work for me! The GR Trail is very flat and a little boring. Some of it goes along Rte. 169, some through the woods/by the river. I am game for Magnolia--you notice I am not saying, no problem, just am game to try it and if I push my bike I'll be in good company! But am truly happy to do either.