PDA

View Full Version : Hub on Wheels City Wide ride

mosaic
08-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Anyone else riding on October 1st for the hub on wheels ride around Boston? I'm excited to tour the neighborhoods and hope to see lots and lots of cyclists inundating the streets.

www.hubonwheels.org

Denise223
08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi!

Thank you for posting the link to "Hub on Wheels". I hadn't heard of it - (just spent an hour checking out the site ;) ). It looks like it's going to be a BLAST :D ! I think this ride will definitely go on our calendar.

There is a good number of upcoming rides. The "Tour de Grave" looks like it would be fun - it's on 10/29 @ noon.

http://www.hubonwheels.org/default.asp?go=rides&m=3

My husband and I ride together. I've never been on any group rides. It is something that I'd like to experience at some point - I'm not sure that I'd like it. (but, of course, I won't know until I try it ;) ).

We're doing the "Tri-state Seacoast Century" on 9/23/2006. It's a "staggered start", so.....you can begin anytime from 7:00am to 1:00pm, as long as you are finished by 5:00pm.

We just started riding in early June of this year & our longest ride thus far was this past Monday - 27.5 miles. It's my understanding that one can choose to do 25, 50, 75 or (of course), 100 - so my goal would be to complete 50 miles.

Have a great day!

Denise