PDA

View Full Version : Dark hair growth on arms

Artisan
08-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I've just turned 40 and I have a regular menstrual cycle but lately I've been noticing new growth of dark black hair on my arms, no where else. I'm fair skinned with blonde hair so this is a bit odd to me. I know this may be silly but I don't know if this is a normal part of aging or if something is going on with my hormones that I need to get addressed.

mimitabby
08-31-2006, 05:48 AM
The older i get the less hair i seem to have everywhere except on my face (and i can't SEE that hair either so who cares)
Maybe you should ask someone else if they notice that hair you are seeing.
It probably is just a normal thing and looks worse to you because you're not used to seeing it there.

KnottedYet
08-31-2006, 06:05 AM
I'm in the same boat. (milky pale red-head) I've also noticed that those new darker hairs are much longer than the red/blonde ones.

We're turning into orangutans!

BleeckerSt_Girl
08-31-2006, 06:14 AM
We're turning into orangutans!

When I point out my "hairy" legs to my wonderful DH, he calls me "Gorill-o' my Dreams". :D

KnottedYet
08-31-2006, 06:24 AM
When I point our my "hairy" legs to my wonderful DH, he calls me "Gorill-o' my Dreams". :D

Now THAT sounds like a good man! (three cheers!):D

BleeckerSt_Girl
08-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Now THAT sounds like a good man! (three cheers!):D

Yes, and a good man is hard to find!

:eek: :eek:

Geonz
08-31-2006, 10:47 AM
I do know that hair changes are common... my mother's hair *curled* after her fourth child. She had two more so it wasn't a menopause thing... but something about those hormones changed or something.,

Bad JuJu
08-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Since I hit menopause, my hair, which was straight straight straight all my life, has developed a couple of weird little waves on the sides. No actual curls, but definite pronounced little flips. Hormones!

Artisan
08-31-2006, 02:04 PM
I guess I'm going to have to get use to all kinds of changes in the coming years....Though I hope for no more curl to my hair. I have kinky curly hair that I use to blow out straight since my teen years. This last year I've decided no more of that. I just wash it and dry my bangs, let the the rest do as it pleases!

bcipam
08-31-2006, 03:02 PM
As we age, our estrogen levels go down and the testosterone goes up. It's the estrogen that keeps the hair soft and silky. It's the testosterone that makes our hair dark and course, like a man's. So welcome to my post-menopausal world - dark course hair on my chin! Ugh hate it!!!!!

ClockworkOrange
09-08-2006, 01:38 PM
I guess I'm going to have to get use to all kinds of changes in the coming years...........................

Yes, but it can have it's advantages of getting older.

My eyesight is not terribly good these days, so when I look in a mirror, I look wrinkle free. What grey hair, it looks fine to me.

Even the hearing is not so good but at least I do not hear any nasty comments when I am riding my bike.

Where I work, which is with 16-25 year old homeless kids, they make excuses for everything because I am sooooooooooo old! :rolleyes:

One regret is not discovering the fun of riding a bike sooner in my adult years.

Sally