PDA

View Full Version : I *should* have taken the bike path today...

Geonz
08-29-2006, 02:46 PM
the one with all the creepy dark corners... because, ahem, I don't know if it was that dubious potato salad from last Thursday (I didn't realize 'til afterwad that it had been away from the fridge for 8 hours... only room temp, not hot, but not my policy!)... but I had sudden needs for dark corners.
In sympathy with those of you with bowel issues... I'd prefer vicarious sympathy, THANK YOU VERY MUCH... this too shall pass... no, it's been doing that...

snapdragen
08-29-2006, 04:51 PM
So sorry Geonz! Feel better soon.

BleeckerSt_Girl
08-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Poor thing!
Drinks lots of water (with electrolytes if possible), and eat some high soluble fiber food (definitely not bran though!).

Geonz
08-30-2006, 05:46 AM
It's better today :-)

Duck on Wheels
09-01-2006, 03:37 AM
Ah, the stories I could tell about ostomy bags and bandages coming undone in the most inconvenient times and places (like Central Station in DC with no separate handicap washroom; or at Dillon Beach, CA where the toilet shacks have no doors; or up on the side of Snota mountain, Norway, with only boulders for shelter). Very tough at the momement, emotionally to the point of physically. But now I can look back with pride on having dealt with it. And now so can you. :) Good to hear you're over the worst.

betagirl
09-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Ooooooo, yeah. I've been hit with the GOTTA GO RIGHT NOW's in places where it wasn't that convenient.

Being a card carrying member of the CCFA (crohn's & colitis foundation of america) I have this card that says "I Can't Wait" on it and explains that I have a condition that requires immediate access to bathrooms. I haven't had to use it yet. Usually the look on my face is enough to convince them to let me in :)

Hope you're feeling better.

Nanci
09-01-2006, 07:07 AM
I used to have major problems with "gotta go this second," much to the amusement of my friends. I think, though, since moving to Florida, I only had one instance, requiring a quick trip to the dumpster behind Chik-Fil-A. The most public was an underpass, between many, many lanes of rush hour traffic, Minneapolis, right in front of a car load of my friends. Then there was the Thanksgiving incident, out in the country, but the first Thanksgiving with soon-to-be-in-laws. Picture gruff, farmer-type FIL leaning out the window with a roll of paper towels...

But the most memorable, though most private, was this:

I was at night school, Spanish class. Evening. I had this "feeling" that I'd better get to the BR now!!! I did. Major diarrhea, but then I felt fine, and after class continued to my 11-7 job. Driving down the highway, late at night, nothing open, I feel it coming on. So I decide to bolt for home, about 20 miles. Driving, speeding, squeezing it in...at about 15 miles out- I can't make it. (I'm wearing white jeans, BTW!!) But it's a relief, in a way. Well, the damage is done. I'll just go home and call in sick. Driving, driving, another 10 miles, I have to go more!! I mean, a lot!! Crap. Oh well. Almost home now. I get to the end of my driveway, and the urge strikes again! But I'm not going to go in my pants a third time, so I slam on the brakes, jump out of the truck, run frantically to the row of four-deep baby pines bordering the yard. I'm still 1000 feet from my house- long country driveway. I rip off everything below the waist and squat with relief in the trees. And go and go and go. Suddenly, there is a rustling behind me, and before I can react, a DEER jumps OVER my head (jumping our fence, I guess, and coincidentally over me!!) and I fall face down, screeching in terror...Then figure out it was a deer. Get up, go back to the truck, leaving all clothes in the trees, and wrap a quilt from the truck around my waist, and drive to the house. My husband is surprised to see me, and says "I guess I have to clean out the truck!" I say- "Do not say another work, do not laugh, call my work and tell them I am not coming in tonight!!" and proceed to the bathroom for yet another round...

I'm so glad I grew out of whatever made me do that!