PDA

View Full Version : Need Input :)

wannaduacentury
08-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi ladies. I'm hoping in the near future to get a compact frame road bike. I've narrowed it down to Trek Pilot 1.0 and Giant sport OCR 3 or 2. All are within the same pricepoint. Do any of you own these? and how light are they? I'm a recreational cyclist and my Trek 7100 hybrid needs a friend:) thanks in advance. Jennifer

Bikingmomof3
08-28-2006, 04:57 PM
I own a Trek 1000, however I did test ride the two bikes you are deciding between. Everyone is different. I really liked the Trek Pilot 1.0 and it was a tough call between that and my Trek 1000. I did not care for the Giant, but again, it is such an individual preference. I tried the 1000, well I do not know why, I thought I wanted to be more uporight, yet tried the 1000 determined to hate it and as soon as I rode her it felt as though she always belonged with me.

Which do you feel most comfortable on? Whichever you chose is a good choice, as long as you feel good on it. :)

wannaduacentury
08-29-2006, 03:21 AM
Thanks Jenn, I've looked at the 1000 myself, I probably will again. I'll carve out some time in the near future and test ride @ my lbs, they're right up the street from my workplace. that can be a good or bad thing hehe.