PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant Prairie Pix

Lise
08-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Inspired by all the tri reports, I went to see if my official pix from PPT were up yet. They are! Only two, but I really like one of them. Here's the link:

http://brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=12706&PWD=&BIB=693

It's two pix from the bike. The one of me walking my bike is heading out of T1 onto the course. I was the LAST rider onto the course, but not the last rider to finish. At the moment this picture was taken, I was fighting to overcome the hopelessness I felt out on the swim. I had screwed up the swim course, added ten minutes to my time, and thought (though not seriously) about quitting. I was going out onto the bike course to make up some time and get back in the race. The woman behind me? It looks like she has a bike helmet on, so maybe she was doing the sprint? Or part of a relay team, and done with the ride. As I crossed out of transition, a volunteer said into a walkie-talkie, "The last rider is on the International course." ARGH!

The other picture is the only one I have of me (ever) actually riding my bike. I'll bet that was also heading out onto the bike course--I remember seeing a guy taking pictures. I can vaguely see "stuff" and people in the background. If that's the case, it's a picture of when I was saying to myself, "Now you go! Now you GO!" I'm going to pay for a copy of that one! I look like a real athlete. :D

maillotpois
08-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Excellent! I do like a lot the one of you on the bike - the fact that it's slightly offset makes it look arty and like you are really in motion (go so fast you're out of the frame!).

Thanks for sharing those.

Lise
08-28-2006, 09:33 AM
That's it! Thanks, MP. An inadvertently cool picture.

What's really cool is that I was nearly in tears in T1, but as soon as I got on the bike, I rode as hard as I could. Those pictures are taken within minutes of each other. It's another thing I like about triathlon. You get to keep trying again, in a different way.

Running Mommy
08-28-2006, 09:43 AM
You are an ATHLETE!!!! SHEESH!!! Don't make me get on a plane and fly to Chicago and smack you!!!! :p
Your legs look SOO muscular! And yeah, you have that determined look on your face!!!
After this weekend I sure know how it feels to have a rotten swim!
Overall you had a good race, and you had better be proud!! (see statement above about the need for a road trip smackdown :D )....

Oh- and I LOVE the bike!! There is something about that Bianchi green I just love!

spokewench
08-28-2006, 09:50 AM
You ARE AN ATHLETE - and don't ever let anyone convince you otherwise.

There is no way I would do a tri - I would drown! I'm incredibly impressed!

Brina
08-28-2006, 09:55 AM
I love that first picture. The angle of it and the look of determination on your face. I would definitely pay for a copy of that.

DrBee
08-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I love the first pic! Very cool! You look great!

bikerz
08-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Great photos Lise! I like the first one too - I agree with MP on the framing - it's not the standard ride event photo.

KSH
08-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Looking good Lise!

Great job on finishing... even when it was tough!

Tater
08-28-2006, 12:01 PM
First pic is cool, but I am kinda partial to the second one...nice leg muscles! Way to tough it out!

Lise
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM
You are an ATHLETE!!!! SHEESH!!! Don't make me get on a plane and fly to Chicago and smack you!!!! :p
Your legs look SOO muscular! And yeah, you have that determined look on your face!!!
After this weekend I sure know how it feels to have a rotten swim!
Overall you had a good race, and you had better be proud!! (see statement above about the need for a road trip smackdown :D )....

Oh- and I LOVE the bike!! There is something about that Bianchi green I just love!
OK! Knowing you, you'd roadtrip it on your bike, too! Well, ya know... takes some of us a little longer to believe than others. :o I was such a fat kid picked last for every team for so long.

I'm going to get a copy of the pic of me in action for my mom. She took up cycling when she was nearly 60, and it's been a delight for her to watch me take it up in my 40s. She's 71 now, and doesn't really ride any more, but is still pretty involved with her local bike club. I know they'll all get a kick out of that picture. Especially her friends, Rebecca and Dave, who gave me that Schwinn in 2003, when I was training for my first tri. I needed a tetanus shot after banging my shin on the rusty pedal of that bike. I fixed that bike up and rode on it all summer. Later gave it to a friend who actually rode it in a tri (I borrowed a road bike to ride in my first tri).

I would love to just hang out with Team Estrogen. Can you imagine how much we'd laugh? :D

SadieKate
08-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Those are great pics, Lisa! Such a look of fierce determination.

I'm going to tell you what my husband has to tell me at least twice a week. "Get over the body image problem!" You look strong and fit and desparately in need of an aero top. Not telling you anything I don't tell myself. Hubby bought me an Assos bibsuit for the time trials because loose clothing costs time. Hey, an excuse to go shopping! Show off that fit body!

DeniseGoldberg
08-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Great pics Lise! You look so focused, one with your bike.

--- Denise

colby
08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Inspired by all the tri reports, I went to see if my official pix from PPT were up yet. They are! Only two, but I really like one of them. Here's the link:

That first picture was really cool! Very determined! Way to go again, Lise. :D

Lise
08-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Those are great pics, Lisa! Such a look of fierce determination.

I'm going to tell you what my husband has to tell me at least twice a week. "Get over the body image problem!" You look strong and fit and desparately in need of an aero top. Not telling you anything I don't tell myself. Hubby bought me an Assos bibsuit for the time trials because loose clothing costs time. Hey, an excuse to go shopping! Show off that fit body!
aaaaaaargh, SK! I know, I know! I tucked that shirt into the back of my bike shorts when I was riding. It's just...on the run...I've got this tummy... you know. It was actually not hot enough that I could've done it in my tri suit--I do have one, very aerodynamic--and pulled a tank top over for the run. Thanks for encouraging me. I have become pretty proud of my arms. My boobs, well, you can hardly even notice them, that's how restrained they are (that's saying something!). It's just the belly. As I came 'round the next to last turn on the run, there were six firefighters sitting up on the hill, watching the race. Since I was the only one in view at the moment, watching me. And applauding, very nice. BUT. What did I think about? That I was running into the wind, which lifted up my shirt some, and showed my belly! :o

You'd think, of all people, me, a feminist from way back, a women's health care provider, etc. But the body image thing is a thing. Thanks for your encouragement (and your husband's) to get over it.

So, what do you wear under the bib shorts?

I notice that they added two pictures, neither of which has anything to do with me! My swim cap was bright green--those aren't my wave at all. I guess they just threw in some generic swim pix. :rolleyes:

Lise
08-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Great pics Lise! You look so focused, one with your bike. --- Denise
That's just how it felt, Denise. One with my bike. We worked together. It was a great ride. My first race with aero bars, which made me feel the bike and I were one. I loved it.

SadieKate
08-28-2006, 05:19 PM
I've got the outrageously expensive Assos bibshorts which are actually more of a windsuit with no sleeves or a trisuit with a real chamois. I wear a sports bra underneath in a coordinating color.

Yeah, my tummy pudges out but screw it. If you're breathing properly, your tummy bulges anyway. Bibshorts/suits actually hide the love handles better because there is no elastic pinching at the waist.

Seriously, that body looks great and it deserves to be shown off. Look around in real life (not just the tri's). How many younger women are flaunting muffin tops?

Now do it or I'll sic Bubba on you.

Lise
08-28-2006, 05:38 PM
HA! NOT BUBBA! :eek: :p :D

That is so true about the "muffin tops". Young women come in for their gyne check ups with me, and they got stuff showing everywhere! They don't look bad, because they clearly put a lot of attention into how they dressed. But their clothes just look too small! I want to say--"sweetie, your FAT is sticking out all over the place!" Of course I don't say a thing.

Well. OK. Trisuit it is next time. I think I have a very blurry picture taken of me with a cell phone, running from the swim in my trisuit a year ago last spring, let's see...

SadieKate
08-28-2006, 05:43 PM
You look great! What tummy? I don't see no tummy.

Lise
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM
You look great! What tummy? I don't see no tummy.
The secret is extreeemly poor photo quality! :p Of course, I remember that I was also freezing. It was about 50 degrees out, in May, coming from a nice warm pool swim. All of my internal organ might have shrunk in the cold, pulling in the fat...how's that for a theory? Two degrees in science, thank you very much!

colby
08-28-2006, 06:04 PM
I notice that they added two pictures, neither of which has anything to do with me! My swim cap was bright green--those aren't my wave at all. I guess they just threw in some generic swim pix. :rolleyes:

That happened with my Danskin pictures on brightroom, too (which apparently are up now). I was excited to think they'd have swim pictures from my wave, but, nope... just random people. Some nice pictures, but not anything to do with me other than the fact that I was there!

I am with you on body image. All I can see in my pictures is all the squishy parts that are still squishy. I thought the same thing about your shirt -- it looks too big for you! Even if you don't go all the way down to the super race position, something that fits closer to the skin would at least not get blown upward by the wind, right? ;)