PDA

View Full Version : suspension seat post?

littlegrasshopp
08-26-2006, 01:50 PM
I have a hard tail cove handjob bike frame. I LOVE IT. The geometry of it is more comfortable and easy to ride than any bike I've been on. But it's a hard tail and I have low back issues. I'm thinking of switching to a suspension seat post and see if that will help ease the shock - distance doesn't bother me. It's popping over roots constanly. I will do fine for a bit and then a root will finally hit me wrong and I can feel my back tightening up. I'm at a point now where my lungs and legs are deciding how far I ride - my back is.

Any experience with them and suggestions on the type to get? I'm thinking of a white brothers AP1.

oldbikah
08-26-2006, 04:15 PM
i have had a suspension seat post on my mt bike since I first got it (a Trek 8000WSD) 5 years ago. Honestly I don't recall the brand and would have to go look, but I am very happy with it. Very nice in smoothing out the ride and I also had some lower back issues. Adds a little weight but worth it.

Imperfectstorm
08-27-2006, 11:47 AM
I purchased a Rock shox suspension seat post for my hard tail, It worked well.

The only down side is that is does compress for shock absorption.

SalsaMTB
09-01-2006, 10:36 AM
No experience, but I've heard the cane creek thudbuster is a nice one

I have a hard tail cove handjob bike frame.

I was REALLY close to purchasing this bike a while back but ended up getting a custom frame instead. What color did you get? I liked the pink. I would love to see a pic!

ClockworkOrange
09-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Got Rond Magura Quake Shocks on the front, then decided to get a suspension seat post, especially as I have a back problem..........best thing I ever bought. Even my son doesn't think it looks naff.

Sally

littlegrasshopp
09-06-2006, 04:06 AM
salsamtb - been out of town for a bit, didn't get to respond.... my cove is a red frame with mostly black components. The frame has passed around by bike shop owners in the area and was given to me by a friend that doesn't ride it anymore. Went to a local bike fest and several guys were standing around it gong "hey, that use to be my bike...." ALL of them! They thought it was pretty funny that a girl was riding it :) I LOVE THIS BIKE! I think about going full suspension but I don't want to give up my bike! Didn't know you could love a bike so much! Even DF says he feels comfortable and like he could ride ANYTHING on this bike. (he jumps roof tops).

I have no pics of the bike yet...working on that. :) I'll post one soon.