PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Farm

mtkitchn
08-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Anybody doing the Tour de Farm in Goodyear, AZ on (I think) October 21? Sounds like a fun ride, but I don't have my schedule for October yet. If I have the day off, I'd like to ride it.

http://www.tourdefarm.com/home.html

spokewench
08-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Don't know what my schedule is yet either, but maybe! I might be ready for a casual ride around in October.

Wonder if they will have camping at PIR since I will be coming down from Flag.

Running Mommy
08-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Hmmmm. That's in my backyeard- LITERALLY!!! I'm doing a sprint in so cal the weekend before, but I should prolly be able to do that. I'll have to check the schedule... I wonder if the route is going to go thru my hood, I'll have to look. Now THAT would be funny!!

Running Mommy
08-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Spoke- As long as I'm home you can stay in our spare room. I'm a hop skip and a jump from PIR.
I'll check the ol calendar...
denise

mtkitchn
08-25-2006, 02:15 PM
I'd love to meet you ladies if we all do the ride!

Running Mommy
08-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Ok, a quick peek at the schedule shows NADA!! So I guess I'm in for this. And it does indeed go through my hood.
So Spoke- If you want to stay with me, the spare room is yours.
Just let me know.
Denise

Running Mommy
08-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Ok, so on the ride home today I was thinking that if a bunch of us do the ride we could BBQ at my house afterwards!!! How fun would that be??
I have a pool, so if it's still reasonably warm we could even take a dip, or soak our sore legs!!
And being a vegee friendly family (I'm kinda semi veg) I would make sure that EVERYONE is included!!!!
So what do y'all think?? I live literally within a few miles of the start/finish.
Also, I not only have a queen size bed in the spare room, but plenty of couch and floor space for anyone who wants to "camp" at la casa de amos. As long as you don't mind an old great dane bugging you to pet her... :p
She really is a nice old dog, she just likes some luvin. :D

mtkitchn
08-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Denise,
That would be awesome! If I have the day off, I'm there for the ride and the festivities!
Just let me know what to bring to the BBQ!
Sue

spokewench
08-28-2006, 08:50 AM
to see if I'm coming - Gotta check schedules etc. with hubby - he is out of town right now

But, all of the above sounds great to me.

I'll try to bake a pie the day before so we can have some sweet goodies after bar b q.

Running Mommy
08-28-2006, 09:25 AM
mmmmnnn PIE. I LOVE pie!! :D
I think Tracy from so cal (tprevost) may join us as well. It should be great fun!! Even the husband wants to ride! Which is great because he'll be like our roving support vehicle- not that we would need one... We are strong bike fixin women right?/!!! :D
And I would actually get to use my backyard!! YEAY! I have a pool and patio and all... but no one ever uses it. :o
COOL! Hopefully we can make this a big ol TE shindig!!!!

PinkBike
09-16-2006, 09:01 AM
i'm planning on doing the tour de farm. it's already on my ride calendar - which is on my desktop of course! but i might have to go into work after, need to check my schedule too.

spokewench
10-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Well, it looks like I will be moving my parents on the date of the Tour De Farm now. Mom and Dad had their home on the market all summer. They live up here in Munds Park - 20 minutes south of Flag and are moving to Tucson, so hubby and I will be driving the moving van and supervising their move.

Sorry, I can't come for the fun!

spoke

mtkitchn
10-08-2006, 05:56 AM
I just got my schedule for the rest of October and the 21st is clear! I'm off to sign up for the ride!:D

tprevost
10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
its looking like I will not be able to make this one after all. I'm going to have to work a show that runs thru Friday evening and I don't want to struggle w/kids bike and a long drive; then lack of sleep etc.

Sorry

t~